Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settle this in my mind Coral Sea or Tie Dye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settle this in my mind Coral Sea or Tie Dye?

I think most of the tie dyes advertised are coral sea... or am I way off. When I think of Tie Dye I think of the one Pete had about a year ago. Coral sea is an eerie dess without swirl right?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Settle this in my mind Coral Sea or Tie Dye?

Coral sea was exactly that .. an early ED with no swirl and the colors were slightly different than the EDS swirl you see today.
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Was that the one with Maple Fretboard and Ebony Inlays ??

Matt

Comment

I've seen a few listings where players actually have a coral sea but call it tie dye. I have never seen one that is actually a tie dye referred to as a coral sea. There is quite a difference. Here's the coral: I think DM has a Fusion in tie dye, surely someone here can show it.

[ May 29, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: charvel750 ]
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Tie Dye

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newc I'm going to charge you for the use of my guitar in the post. Check, paypal or cash ok [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I LOVE the looks of the tye dye. Now if I could just find that maple neck one ..............

Comment

Exactly what I thought. I have told people that but I wanted to confirm I was in the right not misinforming them. Thanks for the info. I always see the Coral Sea listed as Tie Dye and to me they are not even close. The tie Dye looks well like a tie dye

Comment

I had a Minty 1991 Coral Sea Fusion, and I loved everything about it, especially the Short Scale, oh but 1 problem, the neck was too thin and flat, I just couldn`t play her correctly and my hand cramped, traded her for something, can`t remember now [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I used to own a USA Fusion Pro with the exact same colors of an Eerie Dess, but it wasn't swirled, so I guess it was a Coral Sea too?

Comment

hammer
                    Member # 1094 posted May 30, 2003 10:01 AM
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Hey Newc I'm going to charge you for the use of my guitar in the post. Check, paypal or cash ok

BTW, I LOVE the looks of the tye dye. Now if I could just find that maple neck one ..............
                    Jackson Fusion w/ Maple neck
                    Guitarshop.net has a Tie Dye Fusion for sell, but the picture shows two, one of them is a maple neck! The other tie dye is a Soloist. Maybe today is your lucky day!

Comment

The maple one was a Dinky and it is gone. I called and left a message for the boss to call me back so I could make an offer. Well, some one sold it before they ever called me back [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Forgot to post the link to the page where the Fusion is listed. Here it is:
                        GuitarShop.net

Scroll down to where it says "Our in stock Jacksons are listed below." The Tie Dye SL1 is $1375 and the Tie Dye Fusion is $975. Hammer, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is the Maple neck Fusion!

Brian

Comment

I might be fighting it out with you too yummy

Comment

BTW I meant to say Coral Seas listed as tie dyes not the other way around

Comment

Working...
                            X