What do you guys make of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys make of this?

seller claims that it's MIJ, bought new, about 6 months ago. which is total bullcrap, because of ... well, we all know what charvel does nowadays.
    i'm saying refinished parts mutt.
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Maybe it was new, like some sort of parts surplus, but I would guess mutt, because Charvel certainly isn't making those, and it's NOT a custom shop.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

There was a run of Japanese-only Stratheads not too long ago. Can't recall of they were Dinkys or not.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
        Maybe it was new, like some sort of parts surplus, but I would guess mutt, because Charvel certainly isn't making those, and it's NOT a custom shop.
        Wrong. It was made in Japan for the Japanese market.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

why the 3+3 logo then?

Comment

Looks legit to me.
            Remember, stratheads have been available in the Japanese market for ever.
            They are just not sold or marketed here.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Wrong. It was made in Japan for the Japanese market.
              Yea, I guess I should stay out of Charvel stuff, I have never even played a charvel. :idea:
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                why the 3+3 logo then?
                Not sure if they used the inline headstock logo on the Japanese market line. Here's another thread about one with the 3+3 logo.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

k. thanks guys.. was ready to have that seller nuked, but asked here first, cos you folk know a fair bit more.

now question, where can i see the rest of the japanese only range of charvels, cos i might be able to get them over here

Comment

They used the 3x3 logo on a lot of the Japanese market stuff. This is a shot of the headstock of a Japanese market neck I bought a while ago and used on a project build..

Comment

I had an import Charvel Star (from 99 I think - found an old MF page through Yahoo at the time where they had them listed) and it had the 3x3 logo on a pointyhead.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yea, I guess I should stay out of Charvel stuff, I have never even played a charvel. :idea:
                        Have you ever actually SEEN a charvel? :think:
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

It's like watching a toddler discover things for the first time.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                            why the 3+3 logo then?
                            I'm pretty sure the 2002 Import run also had the 3x3 logo. So folks making decisions at Charvel are blurring the lines.

They need to consult us before they make any more moves.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                              It's like watching a toddler discover things for the first time.
                              just keep him out of the knife drawer...
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X