Wayne's original stage name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne's original stage name

I know all you Charvel gods know this, but I'm having some gibsons redone by Phil Kubicki(Bass guy) and we have become friends. He told an interesting story that He knew wayne in one of his original bands and everyone called him Johnny Diamond, I asked why and he said thats just what they called him. I thought that was kinda cool.

Re: Wayne\'s original stage name

Wayne.... Charvel? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yea Wayne Charvel, straight out of the mouth of Phil Kubicki.

Comment

Wayne Newton

Comment

are we so honored as to having the real fast eddie clark posting here?!!!!
          if so, i always wanted to know what happened and why fastway did not make more albums. i liked the singer and the tunes as well as the guitar playing.
          tommy
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Kubicki has some great CBS era Fender stories as well. As him about the way cool solid Rosewood Strats they built, one meant for Hendrix that never made it to him!

Comment

Hey man, I have your former singer!!! He he he he..

Comment

Chuck - NO WAY! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

And Fender also made a few solid rosewood Teles - Keith Richards has one.
                I've got a Rhoads that was meant for Randy that never made it to him - big whoop about Hendrix

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, the solid Rosewood Telecaster's became a production item in '69. Plenty around. George Harrison got the first which was only different in that the body was truely solid rosewood, not sawn in half and hollowed out to reduce weight. Keith has one of the many production line ones.

There were only two rosewood Strats ever made, one for Jimi, one for R&D archives. Only one is still known to exist. Very cool regardless who it was made for.

[ May 31, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Hey, I'm not a ravening Hendrix worshipper myself, but he WAS the first guy to get many of the wang bar sounds we know and love. This caused a need for a
                    trem that could do it and stay in tune, so he indirectly got Floyd Rose in motion. Yep, Eddie was a proximate influence, but Jimi started the ball rolling.

I'd say that if the guitar had authentication that it was FOR Jimi, even
                    if he never got it, that alone would up the value dramatically, don't you think?
                    Setting aside your opinion of Hendrix, he
                    is the prototype icon of stun guitar!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It is established one of the two was made for Jimi. The trouble is that Jimi's guitar never made it to him and the R&D sample was stolen from the factory in the 70's. I don't believe the serial numbers were ever recorded (Fender never did such a thing until the past 10 years, they made no exception here) so the one that has surfaced is unknown to be the Jimi guitar or the R&D sample.

Either way, the guitar has to be worth some bug bucks, but indeed, the Hendrix tie in would really boost its value. These days when a second production run stock but worn serial number on the neckplate '54 Strat fetches $15,000.00, I would bet the rosewood Strat would get atleast $50K just on its rare features (I know the Lucite '57 Strat sold for $50K 10+ years ago), add the Hendrix angle and who knows what it could go for.

[ June 01, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Working...
                      X