FACT OR FICTION: RR design rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACT OR FICTION: RR design rights

Found this little blurb on a website regarding Vinnie Vincent owning the rights to the RR Jackson design:

"* Vinnie's famous "V-shaped" Jackson guitar was actually a prototype for the late guitarist Randy Rhoads. When Randy died, guitar manufacturer Grover Jackson gave the guitar and its design copyright to Vinnie. "

Info can be found here:

http://kissfactman.tripod.com/vinnie.html

It's a little more than half way down the page.

"Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

BS

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
      BS
      +1,000,000

He would be a very rich man right now if he "owned" the rights.
      -Rick

Comment

Come on, guys. The man is a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          +1,000,000

He would be a very rich man right now if he "owned" the rights.
          I believe article is talking about the Vinnie Vincent V shape, not the RR shape.

Don't think people are beating down Jackson's door for a Vinnie Vincent guitar

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post

Come on, guys. The man is a legend.
            Who's the chick with the pink v
            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Wasn't she in Poison?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

She looks like the ugly drummer from Vixen....

-------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Poor Vinnie.....bltltlt!
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40v4iSkof8o&feature=response_watch

The legend in action. Boys, prepare to relive the legendary chops. Think about how your pathetic little Randy Rhoads compares to this icon.

The man can solo while pumping his fist in the air, licking the guitar, pounding a microphone against it... Basically, if Vinnie is near a guitar, a steady stream of atonal 64th (or is that... 666th) notes is coming out. HE DOES NOT EVEN NEED TO TOUCH THE STRINGS, HE IS *THAT GOOD.*

Comment

HAHHA

Comment

That drummer from vixen can totally shred!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My ass, Randy would never be caught dead with that ugly as VVR thing.

Comment

I seriously doubt Grover would be so stupid as to give away any copyright to anyone, especially if it was a Rhoads concept piece.

Since he and Randy were still hammering out the details of the final RR V shape, it's very doubtful they were even thinking of yet another shape, let alone the VVV (which, as has been proven, was first ordered - and therefore most-likely designed - by Overkill's Vic Vergat).
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              I seriously doubt Grover would be so stupid as to give away any copyright to anyone, especially if it was a Rhoads concept piece.

Since he and Randy were still hammering out the details of the final RR V shape, it's very doubtful they were even thinking of yet another shape, let alone the VVV (which, as has been proven, was first ordered - and therefore most-likely designed - by Overkill's Vic Vergat).
                              Vic Vergat was in Overkill?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X