• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you put pictures in the threads

I would like to post some decent guitars, how do you post, thanks

Re: how do you put pictures in the threads

Sure man! But only if you give me 5 stars
    ha ha ha

#1 The image must be online (on a server)
    #2 The image must be able to be direct-linked
    (most will, but places like Geocities & Tripod won't allow it)
    #3 URLs with bad words won't work! (UBB automatically turns bad words into ****)
    I tried to use a Sebastian Bach pic but Metal Sludge calls him Seb|tchian, so the addy turned into Se*****ian HA HA HA

OK find a pic
    Right click on it
    Select properties on the popup menu
    Highlight the URL (will start with http)
    Copy it (Ctrl C or use the popup window)
    Make sure you get all of it
    Come back to JCF
    When you reply to a post (or start a new topic) you'll see 10 boxes below this text box here
    (URL, BOLD, etc)

In the message where you want the pic, simply click on the box marked IMAGE
    A popup window will ask for your URL
    Paste it in there! (Ctrl V)
    Click OK
    Click the Preview Post button to see if it works.

Finish message!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very thorough and precise, Ron. But, no hilarious picture to back that up like you usually do? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just for you, NOTP! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            #2 The image must be able to be direct-linked
            (most will, but places like Geocities & Tripod won't allow it)
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a trick I learned when I was using tripod before I figured out my free web space: if you upload the file to your tripod account, then change the file extension to .txt (say it's jackson.jpg, you would change the name it to jackson.txt), you can link directly to it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dam, didn`t work!! I was trying to do this off my Kodac programs, is this not a Host? If not, then what? I know the location didn`t start with HTTP? Jack.

[ May 31, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Picture of my Carvin DC 150 body-TEST!! Jack.

Comment

You can't hotlink from your harddrive. Why? Let's say you posted a link on the internet to a file on your harddrive. When people click on it, it's like they're accessing your computer. This is an itty-bitty step from hacking your computer. Same thing with posting a picture you have in your e-mail inbox. Can't be done.

But, the hacking could possibly occur if the link you posted was really activated. When it's activated, that would theoretically allow surfers to download something from your computer. I don't have the capabilities to do this, but there are quite possibly people who can probably trace the route and hack your computer this way.

So, you have nothing to worry about because you posted a "dead" link. But, you do have to upload your picture to the internet.

Comment

Dude, I hope everyone os honest here, but I just emailed myself the picture from my Kodac Software on my Hardrive, and then got the properties from the picture in my email, that`s weird how that works [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

It would be a very easy world to be able to share e-mail pictures like that. But, it can't be done, unfortunately, for your protection. Wouldn't want someone potentially breaking into your e-mail!

Comment

Somebody (whose name I won't mention JACK) didn't read my instructions!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought I did, but the pictures didn`t have an Http in the beginning of the Properties when I puled them up on my Kodac Software on the Harddrive, but if I emailed them to myself, then the properties included the Http Link, how do I do it other than that way? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

"#1 The image must be online (on a server)"

the pic has to be uploaded to a piece of online real estate. You can't direct link from your harddrive, no matter what software you're using.

"C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures" is a directory on your harddrive.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

You got it VG, that`s exactly what the link sais on my hardrive, but I still nead a decent host, any suggestions, I know there are a bunch of them, but I nead a good one? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X