SLSMG Headstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG Headstock

What other guitars have this style headstock. I found one I really like but the guy says it is not an SLSMG and has EMG HZ's, 1 tone 1 vol, and is a hard tail.

thanks

Older SLSMG's had the EMG HZs.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Is there any way to tell for sure? I do not want to get screwed. His description is that it is "like" the SLSMG.
      Last edited by orions; 07-26-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Pics would be best.

When they say hardtail, do you mean Tun-o-matic bridge and string thru ferrules?

If you GIS for SLSMG you can get some pics of the model to compare.

Or this link may work. I'm not good at this...

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Comment

Not an SLSMG.
            I've seen that model mentioned here before, but, darned if I can't find the thread.
            It's maybe a ?DX? model? Lower end of the spectrum and bolt on I believe.

Take a look thru here and see if you can find something close.

DX 6? from 02
            Last edited by Flatpicker; 07-26-2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

It's a DKXMG or something like that. Alder body, HZ's, bolt-on maple neck.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys I could not find it for the life of me.

Comment

I think it's one of those special runs for Musician's Friend or Guitar Center since it's got the sharkfin inlays.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DXMGT? I saw one on eBay I think...
                    Originally posted by Hellbat
                    Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I weep in want for that USA SLS.
                        Come to papa.......

Comment

Looks like someone is a fan of the SLS headstock! I'm at three and counting, all from 1996-97.
                          sigpic

Comment

The SLS "smurf hat" gets my vote for the nicest 3+3 headstock going. I still prefer the pointy and for bolt ons, the strat head.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I don't understand the hate for the SLS headstock. It's truly just the regular Jackson headstock done in 3+3 style.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X