Ever given away a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever given away a guitar?

Maybe, Im retarded, but I gave away the first jackson i ever bought yesterday

It was a trans green PS-4, japan manufacture, bought new in 2000, had a gotoh floyd, gotoh tuners, and a single JB in the bridge

Gave it to a good buddy of mine, completely free

Think im losing my mind, already looking for another jap PS-4 to mod, or DR3

You have a lucky buddy
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

ive got my eye on a trans green DR3, HOPEFULLY I GET IT, I dig the reverse MOP sharkies

and yeah, he is lucky, damn guitar played better than any other guitar ive picked up, left it at his band house for like 2 years when i got out of playin for a while, and he played the shit out of it, i took it back, modded it, played it the last couple months and gave it to him when he jokingly asked "when ya going to give me that guitar"

i must have been high, and i just bought a kelly pro that im working on customizing, getting same gotoh hardware, dimarzio pups, and a refret with 6105 wire

and my nieghbor brought over one hell of a rough wasburn 333 dime, that someone practically destroyed, sanded all the finsish off, removed all the hardware, fretboard is a mess, but its my next project and it was FREE
      Last edited by gmbob22; 07-30-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I've damn near given away a guitar - or at least, didn't get back what I had put into it.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

shoot man. shoulda bought my trans blue ps4. i sold it for cheap. anyways, yeah i've given alot of guitars away to people who seemed really interested in playin but never had funds. i'd say no you havent lost your mind, but i coulda lost mine years ago.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being generous. I gave one of my best friends (He's also in my band) a pretty sweet Fernandes a couple of years ago. I also gave away a Ibanez Iceman to a former bandmate several years ago.

Sometimes I'll have a guitar or other equipment that I rarely if ever play, or never bonded with, and I'd rather give it to someone who I know will use and value it.

Comment

Originally posted by skintaster View Post
              I'd rather give it to someone who I know will use and value it.
              thats what i'm talkin bout.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                shoot man. shoulda bought my trans blue ps4. i sold it for cheap. anyways, yeah i've given alot of guitars away to people who seemed really interested in playin but never had funds. i'd say no you havent lost your mind, but i coulda lost mine years ago.
                well if i new ya had one to sell, im on the lookout for another, those perfromer necks are ridiculous, great quality guitars, just cheap hardware which is easibly fixable

Comment

Well-- Gave a Kramer Focus to a friend of mine. My sister got an acoustic one year and a "Greco" Les Paul ripoff guitar later (made late in the 70's I believe). Since she didn't have anything to plug the guitar into she got my practice amp too. Oh, and my brother got a Fender Stratocaster, I believe that one is a Custom Shop. He got a parts-mutt too.

I give away stuff all the time, not just guitars, but I try to make sure it stays in the family. I don't like having a lot of things laying around, taking up space. I don't even need that much space man, I'm gonna buy and try to live in a boat soon ffs (making a lifelong dream come true). And I don't even have a job at the moment..
                  Sometimes even I wonder how I get by, but I'm very lucky. If I was a christian I would probably say I am blessed.

Family, and a few good friends, is the only thing that truly matters, to me.

EDIT: I'm hardly the most generous guy I know, far from it. There have been more than one time that I have really wanted some gear or a guitar being put up for sale by good friends of mine and they have given it to me and said I can pay when I have the money. That is way cool IMO
                  Last edited by Guitardude86; 07-30-2009, 07:53 PM.
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

it was in the classifieds for like a month i think. its actually not outta my hands yet. still waitin on the trade items to arrive............

Comment

I gave a model 3A to my girlfriend's son.
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I gave some girl I never met a guitar, through our local social services. She had hers broken by an abusive parent or step-parent. Something like that. Didn't need it and it helps someone out, no-brainer really!
                        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                          I gave some girl I never met a guitar, through our local social services. She had hers broken by an abusive parent or step-parent. Something like that. Didn't need it and it helps someone out, no-brainer really!
                          thats very righteous

Comment

I've given away 5 or 6 guitars in my day. Some of them to well-known JCFers. I have been fortunate enough to have many guitars, so if it can make someone happy, why not ??

Bravo on a kind gesture !!!

Comment

I gave an Ibanez S540 (I think thats what it was) I had to my niece.
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X