Awesome contest, admins! Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Awesome contest, admins! Thanks!

Actually I got em both....took a little longer for the first one though.

Are we gonna get old-school on this contest??? I hope so!!!

Comment

Must be someone I don't listen to - someone with a wimp-voiced singer [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Can I atleast get a song name?! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] lol

Comment

Quick clarification. We do not email you (admins) with our responses, but rather we wait until the end of the month to "log them" into the thread you publish, right? Someone explain this to me. I guess I used all my mental energy figuring out that first one... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yea and you still got it wrong Joe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
            Originally posted by charvel750:
            Quick clarification. We do not email you (admins) with our responses, but rather we wait until the end of the month to "log them" into the thread you publish, right? Someone explain this to me. I guess I used all my mental energy figuring out that first one... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Yep, Joe, that's what it says, but I see a problem there - what's to stop someone from just copying the right answer? - 50/50 chance that someone will post the correct answer, especially if it's one of the "oh that one was easy" people who have already posted here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Couldn't do an "email your answers" option, because even then if two people had it right you'd have someone claiming they were blacklisted due to personal grievances between the admin and the entrant yadda yadda.

Hmmm. Why not make it an un-editable hidden results poll? Whoever has a guess, and you're SURE it's your final answer, enter the info in the poll. Once it's in you can't edit it, and no one else can see it except the Admins.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Yeah, a private system using private messages or e-mail would be ideal to ensure no one steals answers from the above person's list.

In that case, PM me all your collected answers, and I'll forward them to the admins dutifully. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, and well, I assumed it was a "secret" thread that only the admins could see the answers to. Admins, can you guys clarify the entry procedures? Thanks!
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well it's the first to get all ten, so the first one to post all of them wins. It'll work but there could be some problems......

Comment

Well, some people may not be online at the exact moment that the two final clips are posted. Perhaps when the two final clips are posted, the admins should give a 24-hour window of opportunity or something so that anyone who knows all the clips can e-mail in their answers.

Once that's done, all the people who have the correct answers are put into a draw, and the name that is drawn out is the winner.

Either that, or the admins will announce WAY AHEAD OF TIME when they will post the final two clips so that people can arrange their schedule for that day accordingly, and as soon as the clips are posted, people are ready and waiting for them. Then it's a race to see who sends a message/e-mail first.

Hmmmm... not telling the admins what to do, but I guess the participants would like to be completely aware of how to play. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

1st snippet is too short - 2nd could be one of at least 2 songs that have the identical sound, that I can think of right now. What if people come up with answers that are "sonically" correct due
                        to the small sample, but it's not the one
                        you picked? Even Jeopardy accepts reasonable alternate answers sometimes.

I predict controversy over the answers and a rash of posted alternates that sound the same as the named answers. should be an interesting shakedown cruise
                        for the whole JCF Contest concept. You have to try things to see what works, eh?
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I wish I was an administrator.
                          Then I could quit right now.
                          Jeeeeez guys. Lighten up a tad, will ya? This is about FUN! Remember FUN?

And you guys giving clues...STOP!

Comment

Yeah, lighten up - it's ONLY a DX10 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

WOHOO! They chose my idea for a contest! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

That alone has got to qualify me for round 2 because i don't have a clue on the samples in round 1!

Right, Admins? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ June 02, 2003, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: jackson1 ]
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Both are classics. I know them. I won't submit cause I don't need a guitar, and if I were to win, I'd just sell it.

I think they're both easy, but I'm 34 and those were songs I grew up to.

Excellent choices though.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X