Awesome contest, admins! Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Awesome contest, admins! Thanks!

You have good points on the posting in the end, so we may just use an email system or P.M. There's another key in the rules. Next sunday those 2 come down and they get replaced. So make sure you remember what they were. We basically wanted to make sure it was someone who is here all the time and not someone just signing up to get the guitar ....
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
      I wish I was an administrator.
      Then I could quit right now.
      Jeeeeez guys. Lighten up a tad, will ya? This is about FUN! Remember FUN?

And you guys giving clues...STOP!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I remember fun! Do you remember....... laughter? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was just having fun, and those ARE possible questions - and like Newc said,
      it's JUST a DX10! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I think it's a great first contest even though I'm stumped on the very first sample! The first one IS like a shakedown cruise for a ship - there are some things you don't find out until you
      take her out on the water! This way by the time the contest prize is a Custom Shop Soloist, everything will be all smooth and shiny and slick as $h1t! All the procedural questions are being answered, and it's not disrespectful to the admins - rather, folks are asking reasonable questions that would be bound
      to come up at some point! Like "Dude!
      You get to make a right turn on red in this town?"; believe it or not, the answer ain't always what you thought it'd
      be!

No doubt this is VERY cool! Admins, and Matt, know that we're VERY appreciative of this. WE LIKE IT! WE LOVE IT!! WE WANT MORE OF IT!!!!!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

GREAT initative!!

cheers to Matt & the admins!
        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

What a great contest! Cheers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to you admins for always making it interesting! By the way, a DX10 is a DX10 and I could always use an extra guitar to play with! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I appreciate it guys.........

Thanks,
          Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

okay, i didn't know what kev was gonna post for samples, and i got the first one right away. yeah, the second one is way easy.

all i can say is that you'll pay next week when you hear mine [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

and yes, no time period in c/j history will be ignored. could be old...could be new. heh.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Great contest! this the best forum on the net!

thnx to Matt and the admins!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ June 02, 2003, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: sfregias ]

Comment

I'm still gonna play along for fun. I know the answers to the first 2 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh, I recognised the first one right away, although I had to hum a bit to remember the name of the song. But...I'm totally stumped on the second one.
                  [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Well, there goes my chances of winning... =P Good luck to y'all tho'! =)

'bane

Comment

The second was stupid easy, but I thought the first one was easy as well. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yea...even i knew the second one, but i'm havin' trouble with the first one...

Comment

I think theyre both bloody hard [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        But then again, I'm 18 and English lol.

James

Comment

I don't have a clue on who's playing [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Second one is a no-brainer. As others have said, the first one's way too short to tell. A cool idea and fun contest, though.

Thanks to the admins and Matt at OSG!

Comment

Damn... I think i am too young for this, i have an idea of the second one but i am probably waaaayyyy off[edit: Sweet, i think i got it, i pulled out the Cd and confirmed it. Maybe im not "too" young after all...I guess i did have it on the first listen. just need the first one now.] first one i have no idea. Awesome contest guys, really is. This place rules. Admins and Matt, thanks again.

[ June 02, 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

Comment

Ok, I figured out the second one now, and I had to smack my head for not seeing it sooner. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X