Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number Help?

Hello serial number experts!

I did some searching on the board and am more confused than when I started, when it comes to serial numbers for USA and import Jacksons. I have 3 Jackson Vs and am trying to determine the year each was built. Judging by what I found on the forums, I THINK I have the years right, but wanted to check with the experts. Can anyone double-check my math? :think:
    • King V Pro: J401765 (1994?)
    • KV2: U20134 (2002?)
    • Y2KV: U09402 (2000?)
    - Adam

look here. http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/serials.htm according to my math. The only your close on is the KV Pro. Both other serials are later than 2002. When the serial tracking stopped.
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      look here. http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/serials.htm according to my math. The only your close on is the KV Pro. Both other serials are later than 2002. When the serial tracking stopped.
      Gil
      Awesome link. Thanks for that dude! The Y2KV can't be TOO far off from my estimate right? I mean, because wasn't the Y2KV only built for a couple years if that? So it would have a limited build timeframe. Just thinking out loud
      - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
        • King V Pro: J401765 (1994?)
        • KV2: U20134 (2002?)
        • Y2KV: U09402 (2000?)
        Can't help you on the KV Prov but your KV2 was completed around Nov/Dec 2007 and your Y2KV is somewhere around March/April 2001. I've been tracking Jackson USA serial numbers and specs. Can you post a pic of the KV2 and the Y2KV so I can add the specs to my list? Thanks.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
          Can't help you on the KV Prov but your KV2 was completed around Nov/Dec 2007 and your Y2KV is somewhere around March/April 2001. I've been tracking Jackson USA serial numbers and specs. Can you post a pic of the KV2 and the Y2KV so I can add the specs to my list? Thanks.

John
          Sure dude. Thanks for the info! This is all 3 actually haha

- Adam

Comment

I have the welfare version of those King V's LOL!
            Mine are all bolt on's
            1993 King V Standard (White)
            1996 KV2 (Black)
            1999 KV3 (Snow White Pearl)
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              I have the welfare version of those King V's LOL!
              Mine are all bolt on's
              1993 King V Standard (White)
              1996 KV2 (Black)
              1999 KV3 (Snow White Pearl)

Never heard them called that before LOL. Weren't the KV3 models pretty nice? Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall them being neckthru and pretty solid. Then again I've never played one so I'm only going on rumor. Dude no worries, as long as you like them and they work for you, then there's nothing wrong with them at all!
              - Adam

Comment

Yeah they are all 3 nice guitars actually. I have no quams about playing a bolt on and they sustain just almost as well as a neck thru in my opinion.
                Plus they have thinner necks and jumbo frets.

You have some nice guitars there bro!

KV3's are bolt-on's with Satin Silver hardware. Made from 1998-99 to 2000 before the Fender buyout and they all had 22 frets before 2001.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post

I did some searching on the board and am more confused than when I started, when it comes to serial numbers for USA and import Jacksons. I have 3 Jackson Vs and am trying to determine the year each was built. Judging by what I found on the forums, I THINK I have the years right, but wanted to check with the experts. Can anyone double-check my math? :think:
                  [LIST][*]King V Pro: J401765 (1994)
                  This is the correct year for your KV Pro. One of the few instances where the 2nd digit DOES refer to the year! Nice group of Vs there, dude. Lemme know if you ever wanna sell that Y2KV!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X