No announcement yet.

New member and new owner with question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and new owner with question.

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I would like to say thanks in advance for any knowledge I can gain from this site.

Anyways, I just happened upon a Jackson KVX10 from like 02'ish. It is a great guitar. I got it in a trade for one of my extra amps, so I think I got a good deal. The neck, action and even the pups are better than I expected. The only problem is that the tips of the spikes are pretty beat up. Major chipping with the potential to get worse. I know someone who can fix these, but it will cost me.

My question is (and I know this may be pretty stupid, but...) does anyone know of covers for the tips? Maybe some metal ones or something?

That's not a bad idea, a rubber tip for the points to protect them.:idea:

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I hoped somebody already thought of this. It would be cool to just go online and by a 4 pack or something. I searched the web and just came up empty. Oh well.

Comment

I remember asking budman I believe about this a year or two ago- always thought someone could make some dough if they came up with one.

I had a few ideas as to how they'd work but no way to produce em at the time

Comment

I think I saw a product like your describing in a Guitar World but I can't find any info on it online. I've seen people use electrical tape on the ends

Comment

There was something like this up on ebay a few years ago too. Someone was making and selling them.

Comment

I´ve always thought that maybe having the bevels in diamond plate (so to speak armored) woud not only look badass but solve this problem as well...

Unfortunately I also don´t know of any aftermarket "covers" other than duct tape and Shoe-Goo....

Comment

Working...
              X