Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone prefer non-recessed FR?

If so.. then why? Aesthetics?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Yes, I prefer it. The guitar will have more of a tilt to the neck angle, and it puts the bridge higher off the body... like a Les Paul with TOM bridge.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Same reason as Toe stated. The bridge sits higher off the body, which creates a better angle for my picking hand, and the angled back neck feels more natural somehow.

Btw, all my non-recessed Floyds are fully floating, and I can easilly pull up on them all day, to all my hearts content.

Comment

Yep, the angled neck feels better to me, also.
        Though, when I had my Charvel Star, I kept the Floyd down on the body and shimmed the saddles up just because I wanted the trem on that guitar for dive-bombing only.

Comment

Yes please!

Though if I have a guitar that has a recessed tremolo, I prefer the Schaller style. Non-recessed I prefer the OFR
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Yes, I prefer it. The guitar will have more of a tilt to the neck angle, and it puts the bridge higher off the body... like a Les Paul with TOM bridge.
            That makes sense. I wonder why I could not figure that out, lol. Anyhow, I guess I would hate it as I love having my picking hand close to the guitar.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
              That makes sense. I wonder why I could not figure that out, lol. Anyhow, I guess I would hate it as I love having my picking hand close to the guitar.
              You might not hate it... Give it a try. I have not had a non-recessed Floyd since a Kramer I had in the 80's and I don't have any problem with my Charvel SD1 at all.

It doesn't really make that much difference to me either way, I personally wouldn't turn down a really great guitar based solely on recessed or non-recessed tremolo.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                I personally wouldn't turn down a really great guitar based solely on recessed or non-recessed tremolo.

Na... I would have to try it first.

Comment

I am starting to prefer a non-recessed floyd now. I still play my recessed ones but the non-recessed ones just feel better for some reason. Must be the neck angle.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I like em both, but Toe nailed why I prefer non-recessed. It's all about the neck angle.

Comment

That's TWO of you weirdos who like the neck angled, just for the neck angle...

I guess I'm just not that picky. About SOME things, I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                        Na... I would have to try it first.
                        I meant that specifically from my perspective... Yeah, I think you should try it, but what I was really trying to get across is to me it's not something I really care about either way.

Comment

i hate non recessed floyds. all the things you guys like are what i hate. i like a very streamlined feel, and a recessed floyd manages to create that for me
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                            That's TWO of you weirdos who like the neck angled, just for the neck angle...

I guess I'm just not that picky. About SOME things, I mean.
                            There's a lot of old-school players that prefer J/Cs (and other manufacturers) with that angle and non-recessed Floyds. I can deal with recessed but like non-recessed a little more.
                            Though, after having played on guitars with Floyds for many years, all of my guitars have fixed bridges at the moment. I'll eventually have to buy another Floyded guitar again.

Comment

Yeah, my first Floyd was non-recessed, too... They didn't make them any other way.

But I remember when I bought my Charvel 475 I was all excited about the recessed Floyd. I think that was mostly because of the ridiculous amount of pull-back.

Comment

Working...
                              X