Help Identifying a Jackson Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying a Jackson Guitar

Hello all, I just posted this at the Harmony Central Forums, and they directed me here for your expert help.

I just bought a Black jackson guitar with a reverse neck and reverse sharktooth inlays. the pickup pattern is H-S-S. It has a licensed floyd rose tremolo.

I picked it up because the guy gave it to me for only $140 with a roadrunner gig bag and a nice stand. he had no idea what model it was.

Heres the problem, the guitar has no way of identifying it by serial or model number as there is no forms of any of those on it. I was hoping if any of you guys could identify it by these pictures i uploaded:

Thanks

EDIT: Did I mention it sounds pretty nice?

Last edited by Jonathancm; 08-11-2009, 08:24 PM.

Looks like a (fake?) ESP neck with the headstock shape and volute. The trem looks like a BC rich, but I'm scratching my head a bit on that.

Comment

Take the neck off and see if it's marked, but I'd say it's not a Jackson.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmm, well the only thing I can find that looks like the same body is an ESP Mirage:

Comment

It's legit.
          From a Musicians Friend run. (See pic below... the one on the right)

Shop our selection of instruments, musical equipment & supplies. Get the lowest prices & free shipping on most orders. Check back daily for special savings.

-Rick

Comment

Wow rjohnstone! Thank you so much! and thanks for the rest of the help guys!

So its a JD-R Dinky Reverse...

Well, I got it for $140, you guys think that may have been a good deal? Its in pretty good condition...

Again, Thanks for all of your help!

Comment

Damn that trem threw me WAY off the scent lol. It does look like a BCR being open on one end like that. What's the deal there? Same manufacturer?

Comment

I'd say $140 was a decent price.
                The crappy trem could be swapped out for an OFR with relative ease.
                -Rick

Comment

Isnt that a takuchi trem? Looks like one to me.
                  Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    Isnt that a takuchi trem? Looks like one to me.
                    Gil
                    Not even close.
                    Look at the base plate.
                    Notice the open knife edge on the base plate on the bass side?
                    I've never seen a Takeuchi trem with that "feature".
                    -Rick

Comment

Can't see your pics but yours is the JD-R Pro from the MF page rjohnstone linked. Had one. Was OK but I didn't like how lightweight it was or the pickups (Kent Armstrong OEM pups). That was all personal feelings, not a bad guitar.
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                      X