Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2L vs RG1570L

Hi guys,

New here as I've only just started looking at Jackson guitars.

The more observant of you will realise I'm left handed, so guitar choices for me are near enough obsolete.

I've been looking at the DK2L for a few weeks now, and it seems to have everything I want and in my budget.

24 Frets, floyd rose, light, thin neck, humbucker, and is sexy as hell (not a poser but it's a plus :p).

I'm sure left handers will agree with me here: I know you're supposed to try a guitar out before you buy, but most shops stock a left handed fender strat and a epiphone les paul. You never see anything else.

What I'm basically asking is are there any big differences between the RG1570 and the DK2L (if anyone's played both)?

I have the RG1570, and love it's playability and sound. I want another similar guitar and the DK2L seems like the logical choice.

I play a lot of 80's metal.

I'm from the UK as well, and the only place that seems to have them in stock (in transparent red I have too many black/blue guitars) is gak.co.uk. It's £630 there, anyone seen cheaper?

Unfortunately they charge £99 extra just to have it in red but the only other place that stock this guitar thomann.de cant ship until October.

Sorry for the long post, but as we all know buying a new guitar is something you need to be sure of! I'm pretty sure I'll love this guitar, I guess I just need convincing.

Thanks!

If its the Ibanez I'm thinking of (I hate Ibanez's current numbering scheme - I can't tell them apart) - I think the Ibanez is the better guitar. Here, I think the Ibanez is $999 and the DK2 like $799. Not sure if they vary for lefties. But overall, I'm inclined to like the Japaneze Ibanez's a little more than Japanese Jacksons - admittedly, I've only played recent MIJ Jacksons, and never owned one.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah I figured the Ibanez would be superior because of the price, but I just want to know what people think of the DK2L.

I'm also wondering why it costs £99 more to have the guitar in transparent red compared to having it in inferno red.

I've googled each one and you can't really tell the difference...

Comment

trans red has a flame maple veneer, inferno red is just red.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I just bought a Trans red DK2L.

Quite expensive but I can't fricking wait!

Never had a guitar and kept the pickups but hopefully these will be nice.

Comment

Here is a link to a lefty board I belong to. There are some members from the UK on it.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
            X