Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Customs damaged my KV2!

bastards!!!

only just got around to telling this story, a while ago we were returning from Hardstyle Evolution festival in switzerland, my KV2 was in its flight case with my wireless receiver packed away all nice and snug in the little compartment thing.

i opened the case after it came off the plane in manchester, to my horror i found customs had taken apart my wireless receiver and left one of the metal antennas laid across the padded neck cradle in the case, with the guitar neck on top of it, they had just thrown everything back in there, and obviously the case wouldn't have shut properly because there was a big piece of metal laying underneath the guitar neck so they must have slammed the top of the case shut.....

result: two large holes in the back of the neck, dented into the wood. careless fuckers. photos will follow later on.
    Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
    Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
    ISP Decimator Pedal
    Sony Wireless Systems
    Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Sorry to hear that man it really sucks but I would have personally packed the wireless in a different place...

Is it possible to get it refined or touched up or is the damage too deep?

Comment

That blows. I don't suppose you have any recourse either.

Comment

I'm all for airline security, but there definitely needs to be some accountability for personal belongings, and avenues of recourse for those who have had their belongings unduly and carelessly victimized by these apes.

Anyone else recall Doc Dryer's horror story about how airline "inspectors" trashed his camera lenses?

These "inspectors" should be required by law to initial or sign in their own handwriting which packages they've inspected/opened/repackaged, with an explanation as to why the item was inspected (i.e. reasonable doubt, pulled the short straw, etc), the contents, and who repacked it (if another idiot, along with that idiot's signature).

That way they can be drug into small claims court and harangued publicly about being a fucktard.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Amen to that Newc. If they're going to hold us accountable for what we bring with us, then they need to be held accountable as well for searching our personal property. A simple QC process would work just fine...but they'd somehow find a way to fuck that up too.

Comment

Then put a bank-style ink bomb in your case
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

...and get a new look on your guitar each time!

Comment

This sucks man! Sons of biAtches!

Sorry bro

Comment

there youve got a reason to ask some little favors to jackson like a new kv2 or at least a kv5 to replace the kv2 until your double rhoads arrives!
                  I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

Customs people really tend to have a "I don't give a fuck" attitude. I remember going through a border crossing when I was younger and because we had a car full of young guys we got asked to pull over. In front of us were 3-4 customs agents standing around a car that had literally been torn apart by hand. They didn't find anything and the car owner was standing next to the pile of car interior sitting outside the car staring incredulously at the agents wondering how we was going to drive the car with nothing inside it. He asked how he was suppossed to fit everything back together to make the car safe to drive and the border agent said "That's not my problem."

I was outraged and it wasn't even me, but of course I didn't say anything because my car would have been next...
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Holy fuck Matt, sorry to hear that.

Was that your regular KV? What's the story on the custom silver KV you had coming, you do have that coming right?

Cheers

Comment

they really must just throw stuff around, its not like theyre going to get caught are they.... maybe we should attach mini cameras in guitar cases, so we can watch the customs guy take our guitars out and try serenade the fat chick who works at baggage claim. and then we can track them down and break their elbows.

its still playable, its just annoying having my thumb run into two dents when i move up and down the neck.

the silver double rhoads is on its way, it was due in june.....

ISP Decimator Pedal
                        Sony Wireless Systems
                        Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Sometimes the mojo infusion takes a couple of extra months.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

well i did ask for extra mojo. ill be patient.

fuck putting the custom through customs when i have it.

ISP Decimator Pedal
                            Sony Wireless Systems
                            Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

That sucks major ass. They better make up for it somehow.

Comment

Working...
                              X