Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of people wastin my time............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tired of people wastin my time............

The name of the band is/was Cold Colours. They released the album I mentioned on Root of All Evil Records, although I forget the name of it. Brian, the frontman and founder, is a very talented and nice guy, just not playing my style.

For what it's worth, Brian is the one who first recommended Darkane to me, right when Rusted Angel released.
    sigpic

Comment

I play in the most hideous band. The pianist writes all the song, so all the songs are ALIKE! They're all crappy "jazz-funk-fusion" songs. THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK! The musicians are really good, but frankly, I outright HATE the songs they play. I can't believe I joined...

Good thing we're splitting up though.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ricky, Ricky, Ricky....is the hassle still going on?....well, I gotta congratulate New Castle DE on being a crappy place to get a band together...and I thought it was tough in Canberra...but to give you an update, the band is still going strong, with our latest drummer (5th, we feel like spinal tap) who is really excellent like the last one thank God and we are getting quite a few good gigs around town. We have one tonight which came up a few days ago, so looking forward to that.

I can't say I loved all the songs we do when some of them first came up, like I never listened to the song much until we had to learn it, but it's all good.

How many people are there in New Castle? Canberra has about 300 000 or so, and I think we are one of the best bands around now.

Comment

Vic,

The whole state of Delaware sucks as far as putting a band together. The ones who are together are making 8-1200.00 a night, and other than that there is noone here looking to be in a serious commited band.

On top of that there is a huge shortage of Bass players, which is one of the reasons why there aren't too many bands around. I go into the Music store yesterday to check the boards, and see an ad the says 80's hard rock band in search of lead guitarist, must be experienced and have gear, This is for me I'm thinking, but at the bottom it says " Must be between 18-20 years old"

First of all, you aren't experienced when you are that old, you may be able to play a bit, but you aren't gonna have any club experience around here. Second, the fact that these little punks are into 80's stuff amazes me.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

well...the 80's thing just won't die...as much as some people would like to see it go away, that period of music touched a lot of people and some pretty good stuff came out of it (cough, cough still of the night...) tina's nephew used to make fun of ozzy til he heard him...now he's a diehard fan (he's 18 btw)...and the response devane has gotten on he beautiful creatures board is kinda mind boggling too (some of them are as young as 16)...frankly it shouldn't matter when the music is from...if you like it, you like it...if you make fun of it before you've heard it tho...maybe you should sit down and listen...keep looking rick, something will pop up...til then, keep working on your songs and try to find people interested in what you're doing and vice-versa...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Geez Louise, you'd think that for 8-1200 a night to have some fun there's be some people with enough commitment to get a band going and make it happen. And yeah, they'd get a much better guitarist if they didn't need an 18-20 year old one. Sure, there are guys who can play really well at that age, two guys from school come to mind, back then I didn't even play at all, but time has shown that one is very talented but an idiot who can't get along with anybody and the other no longer plays as far as I know. Meanwhile, here i am, still plugging away with my meagre skills. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But don't give up!!....maybe even ring them up anyway but you would probably not be in a band with them anyway. I tried out for some young guys band in between bands years ago and I found I had outgrown the scene these guys were a part of. They were still finding themselves musically, their gear was mediocre and I could play way better than all of them. I was there once too but I couldn't go back. Plus, being older I don't think it would have been as much fun hanging as a band at gigs and stuff. People near to your own age would be better. You grew up with the same stuff and can relate better.

And remember, don't give up!

Comment

Major problem with them would be , there wouldn't be any gigs to play cause they aren't old enough to get into clubs here. YOu have to e 21 unless they serve food and a lot of them here don't.
                Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Ya, pretty much the same thing happened to me in the 2 bands i joined. They needed a bassist, i was there, and before we even got to play, i got replaced. The guy that replaced me doesn't even own a bass.

Annnnd the last band i was in was a coverband. No matter how much i asked, we NEVER got together as a band and plaed. I never really even met the guitarist o.O So after no one even bothered to call on Christmas vacation, i left the band, along with the singer, and they all broke up.

Comment

Working...
                  X