Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson bar stools $29.99 MF/Stupid Dea Of The Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheesh you guys... I just bought one and I didn't even know I wanted it...
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

In response to the height, it says it is the perfect height to play guitar, so I am guessing it's at the average height, so that you can have your right foot on the floor, and your left foot on the base, so that you have the "classical form" down pat. That is a complete guess, but it makes sense.
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

or so you can have your right foot on the base if you own a vee like i do

Comment

Yea, but I think that would also work left footed. I think the idea was that classical guitar position. Actually with your right foot on the base, with a v, the guitar would be angled down.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

oh ya your right, i geuss i cant tell left from right, now i feel like an idiot

Comment

holy shit, so these seats are available as left- or right-handed? Which ones did you buy? Are they reversible?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

No, we were discussing foot placement, and he said the wrong foot.

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday. I remember missing the 30" sale so I was just glad to get it on it this time.

Comment

Well, my 2 stools have just been delivered. BUT, my nosey neighbor signed for them, so now I have to go talk to him when I get home from work. Ugh. I know he's trying to be nice, but I would've rathered that he'd have let them not leave the package, and then I'd call, and then I could go pick it up tonight, and then I wouldn't have to talk to my neighbor for 30 minutes when I get home. Basically, just leave my shit alone and let me worry about it.

Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolJay View Post
                      Well, my 2 stools have just been delivered. BUT, my nosey neighbor signed for them, so now I have to go talk to him when I get home from work. Ugh. I know he's trying to be nice, but I would've rathered that he'd have let them not leave the package, and then I'd call, and then I could go pick it up tonight, and then I wouldn't have to talk to my neighbor for 30 minutes when I get home. Basically, just leave my shit alone and let me worry about it.

Jay.
                      Jackson Fans: misanthropes? Who'd a thunk it?
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        Jackson Fans: misanthropes? Who'd a thunk it?
                        ROFL!

Comment

I just ifgured I'd come back in this thread to say that these 24" stools are AWESOME! They're absolutely perfect.

They seem flimsy/unstable while you're putting them together, but then you start tightening the bolts more, and it all comes together tight, flat, and level. As always, the first one took an hour to put together, and the next one only took 15 minutes. I could probably do 1 in less than 10 minutes now.

Anyway, 24" IS the height of the total stool including the seat.

I was afraid that they were going to be too low, because my mental visualization of 24" is more like 12" in reality. 24" is PLENTY high enough. It's higher than my sofa, it's higher than my folding chairs, and it's the exact height of my amp with casters on it. It's a great height for sitting and playing. AND the ring around the chair acts as a perfect footrest for my right foot while my left foot stays flat on the floor.

Another plus is that the top swivels, so it's the perfect stool for playing and then turning around to get at my "recording station." I'm impressed.

I thought these were just kind of a novelty item, but shit, watch how much use I'm going to get out of mine!

Jay.

Comment

I put mine together in like 8 mins haha. But I actually think it's a bit too tall. If I put my right foot on the floor, for my firebird or explorer, I have to stick my left foot on my bed, because when on the ring, it's uncomfortable.

Comment

Kinda pissed I missed out on the original Epiphone ones for $19.99 then the sustitute Gibson ones for $19.99 the same day. For $10 more I didn't know if they were worth it as I never heard from anyone that bought one if they were a POS or not. Now I know better. I'm sure they will come back at $29.99 if not a blow out deal at $19.99 again with a different name on it.

Comment

Can someone post a picture of one next to something for reference. 24" does seem a bit low but a visual might correct that for me, thanks.

How would these be if you wanted to sit down but still be able to manipulate a pedal board, one that has a WAH pedal?

Comment

Working...
                                X