• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.. theres some drool worthy slingers on here
    Here's mine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Whats the trem that came on those? Is it a bcr logoed gotoh? If one of those had an ofr on it would you think it would hurt the value as it wasnt original? Or did some of them come with ofr's as well. Or would it be looked at as a welcome upgrade? Also I heard that some of those era st3's and such came with ibanez edge trems, is that true?
      Some came with a BCR logo'd Gotoh trem. The Gotoh trem is very nice. Others came with a BCR logo'd trem by Takeuchi....which I have heard some claim is an inferior trem....but I really like the feel of them...and the guitars I own that have them sound damn good to me. Yes...I know that some of the STIII's did come from the factory with an Ibanez edge trem. I'm not sure if any did come with an Original Floyd Rose.

As for the angled pickup...its just like the angled bridge pickup on a Fender Strat or Tele. The general theory is that having the pickup closer to the bridge on the high strings gives a more treble tone to those strings while having the pickup further from the bridge on the low strings will give them a fuller & bassier tone.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
        Wow.. theres some drool worthy slingers on here
        Here's mine.....

WOW...that is incredible!!

Comment

The neck thru is the black one, the MacAlpine graphic had a BCR logo trem that i replaced with the floyd same with the neckthru. the early models came wth the ibanez edge trem mostly ST-3's, since they were around prior to slingers. there are very few with the kahler fulrum trems.

here the only one i have left its the missing link of ST-3s

Preamp, 5 way switch, kahler, pre logo'd neckplate serial# stamped into the headstock, rosewood headstock veneer painted black, gold handmade sticker on headstock, laquered neck.

Comment

Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
            Some came with a BCR logo'd Gotoh trem. The Gotoh trem is very nice. Others came with a BCR logo'd trem by Takeuchi....which I have heard some claim is an inferior trem....but I really like the feel of them...and the guitars I own that have them sound damn good to me. Yes...I know that some of the STIII's did come from the factory with an Ibanez edge trem. I'm not sure if any did come with an Original Floyd Rose.

As for the angled pickup...its just like the angled bridge pickup on a Fender Strat or Tele. The general theory is that having the pickup closer to the bridge on the high strings gives a more treble tone to those strings while having the pickup further from the bridge on the low strings will give them a fuller & bassier tone.
            Thanks.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
              WOW...that is incredible!!
              +2.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

+3.

I'm going to give WB a reach-around and we are both going to spew the goo drooling over that beautiful guitar. Lovely.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Lorne, I had an ST-III in that same color. Sadly, it wound up in a Hollywood pawn shop in 1990.

Love the Tracii Guns guitar; I remember that one.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                    Lorne, I had an ST-III in that same color. Sadly, it wound up in a Hollywood pawn shop in 1990.

Love the Tracii Guns guitar; I remember that one.

sully
                    Might be the same one mate,although mine is in Poland,has been since I bought it about a year and a half ago
                    http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

man, i wish i still had the reciept for that guitar to confirm! i traded a 61 melody maker singlecut for that guitar back in spring of 1990. honey of a guitar, for sure.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                        man, i wish i still had the reciept for that guitar to confirm! i traded a 61 melody maker singlecut for that guitar back in spring of 1990. honey of a guitar, for sure.

sully
                        Serial # is BC1366x if that helps jog your memory
                        http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

nah, i wouldn't remember it, sadly. it'd be a funny coincidence, though.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                          X