Suggestions non Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions non Charvel

OK so I can't get my perfect spec guitar.

For up to about $1000 (£750) what should I go for, it has to have a decent if not original floyd and an ebody/rosewood board, apart from that I'm past caring on the pickup config and headstock shape, although a strat type or reverse pointy would be a prefence.

Any suggestions?

tim

Jackson
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      Jackson
      No wonder you have 11,000+ posts
      Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Second-hand Kramer?

Comment

Originally posted by leftybob View Post
          No wonder you have 11,000+ posts
          I know! And I joined after you too!!

I couldn't think of a better suggestion for a guitar with a decent Floyd (not necessarily Original), a dark fretboard (not fussy on ebody[sic] or rosewood), with any old pickup config & headstock shape, as long as it's not a Charvel.

The specs were vague, so was my suggestion
          Hail yesterday

Comment

anyone got a Michael Kelly?

Comment

Try a Carvin. They make top-notch stuff, and it's pretty affordable, too. You can also pick-and-choose what options you want on the guitar with relatively quick turnaround.

Comment

Build a mutt. There's plenty of parts around. I'm just about to do one myself.
                Well, me and my friend.

Or, if you want me to build you one to your specs, I can. I might even be able to do some custom artwork of your choice.
                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

New Gunslinger Power. Or Retro if you like that style.
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

That gunslinger is seriously channeling Kirk hammet.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

i wanted the gunslinger power but they dont make it anymore so I went for a Michael Kelly HEX XT.

Original Floyd, reverse headstock, kinda looks like a BC Rich, went for Black Wash.

Michael Kelly Guitars is an American guitar, bass and mandolin company, who imports quality instruments manufactured to their specifications.

Will swap out the pickups for Duncans but for less than £400 quid all in, not bad.

Comment

I thought the Gunslinger Power just came out this year??? They're brand new for sale everywhere on the internet, including a bit cheaper new on ebay.

Comment

They have stopped making the power. Go to the BC Rich site and try and find it.

They are also stopping making the red gunslinger with the HS config at some point.

All that will be left apparently is the yellow hum model.

I have seen a few powers on ebay but there are none left in the UK (except an ex demo model). The Michael Kelly is very similar spec, nicer looking, cheaper and made is the same factory as the BC Richs!

Comment

No shit.. that sux. Well, I guess the ASM Pro is about the same specs and $800 from musicians friend. Maybe I'll try one one day. And sux that you guys on the other side of the pond are so limited on places to get gear. I hear that alot.

I never knew about Michael Kellys. Looks like the same specs as alot of the BC Rich's. Good to know. I've been curious about those Rockfield pups. Post up after you play them and get a feel for it.

Comment

old used USA slinger or ST-3.

Comment

Working...
                              X