Suggestions non Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrDestruction View Post
    Try a Carvin. They make top-notch stuff, and it's pretty affordable, too. You can also pick-and-choose what options you want on the guitar with relatively quick turnaround.
    +1
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
      old used USA slinger or ST-3.
      +1...I snagged a minty STIII for under $300 earlier in the year. I hate to knock the Korean stuff, but why even go there with those vintage prices?!?

Comment

I think Carvins your best option.

Comment

Post pics of the mk when it gets to you, I usually always find some of the cheaper axes to ahve a very plasticy feeling Schecter LTD's ibanez SZ's suffer from this too not bad guitars but offputting..

I have tried a Retro Gunslinger and it felt extremely nice so hopeuflly the other BCR's and MK's have the same quality..

Shame they are getting rid of the Red slinger imo its nicer looking than the yellow and has two pickups which is nice..

Comment

GKG Russian Roulette? Made in USA for under a grand.

Comment

Very nice. CONUS only though.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
                Those new Kramers look pretty good. Anyone tried one yet?
                Dave

Comment

Never played a michael kelly, but the one model they have on MF fits the specs. It comes in some AMAZING finishes to.
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

You can sometimes find used GMW stratheads for under $1000. You would not be disappointed.

Comment

How about RKS? They're made in the US and they're pretty comfy, being that they're ergonomically-designed.

Comment

Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
                        Those new Kramers look pretty good. Anyone tried one yet?
                        I have played a couple of the imports. Not the usa made RR though. Played a Crusader with two hums and a maple neck that was very nice! It was $439 and I am still thinking about getting it. Also played the R29 and R36 (crazy looking one with the big wing) I wasn't crazy about those.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post

http://www.garykramerguitar.com/roulette.html
                          I dig this one!!! They offer an alternative to the Charvel. Too bad they don't have a maple fretboard option.

Are the mini-switches to split the humbuckers?
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by slowhand66 View Post
                            You can sometimes find used GMW stratheads for under $1000. You would not be disappointed.
                            There ya go...i have 3.... Sacriledge to say, but i think GMW's are
                            one small level Above Charvel USA ! There, i said it. Contact
                            Lee Garver, to see what your options are?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                              There ya go...i have 3.... Sacriledge to say, but i think GMW's are
                              one small level Above Charvel USA ! There, i said it. Contact
                              Lee Garver, to see what your options are?
                              don't forget to ask about his laminated fretboard option....
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                don't forget to ask about his laminated fretboard option....
                                +1
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X