I may need a luthier in Ca's help on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may need a luthier in Ca's help on this

So as I posted earlier, I want to do a custom Agile AL-3000 gold top and have a sustainer installed (Basically making a poor mans version of the Neal Schon signature les paul)

The problem? Agile custom shop doesn't do sustainers, don't offer them, won't do them.

personally that makes me wonder how exactly they can really say they are a custom shop. More like a semi-custom shop - can do a lot if you stay with in their guide lines. but whatever, i shouldn't complain, their stuff is awesome.

Anyway, so this means in order to achieve my dream of a 24 fret les paul with OFR and sustainer, I'm going to have to pay someone to route out a bit of the body and install the sustainer after the fact.

in the end it might be cheaper to just go through a dealer and order a PC1, but I really dug Neal's signature guitar. (his was 22 frets though, which i won't knock him for... lol )
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

All custom shops set some kind of limits unless its a knock off shop more than a custom shop. I'm sure the price of the Agile+Sustainer+install would still be cheaper than a new PC1. I install sustainers in most guitars for $75.00 plus the cost of the sustainer. It's not that hard. The biggest problem with most guitars is having enough room for the pc board for the sustainer. It should be easy with the large control cavity in the Agile.

Comment

Well the problem i face is where i want the pc board,

here's a picture of Neal's guitar http://www.gibson.com/press/custom/p...l_Schon_LP.jpg

I can live with those being elsewhere, but the control cavity on the agile is the same size as on a normal les paul, i'm not sure there's enough room there with out some routing being done.

Comment

here's what the back of the agile looks like http://www.rondomusic.com/photos/ele...lverburst3.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X