Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PRS SE Torero w/ Floyd Ebony EMGs Neck-Thru $995

Seems interesting ...

Same Korean Floyd that's on the Charvel Production Models.
    Dave

looks cool , im not sure if im keen on the slightly altered body style. I would have preferred it if it was the normal prs shape rather.
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

pretty nice, but yea would have looked better with a carved top ,but i know its to keep the price down , still looks cool .

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Looks like something that rolled out of the Samick factory.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

The PRS purists say that a Floyd just doesn't look right on a PRS, but I disagree. Ever since I saw Neal Schon play Floyded PRSs back in the 90s I have thought that it looked like a good fit to me.

It does seem to have a unique mix of features. Mahogany body with maple neck through. And I like the fact it has no fretboard inlays.

It's supposed to come out in December. Hope that GC or Sam Ash get these as I'd like to try one out. The other PRS SEs I've tried have been okayish. For similar priced guitars I compared PRS SEs and Epiphone Les Pauls and the Epiphones seemed a little better put together.
            Dave

Comment

A picture says a thousand words ...

Dave

Comment

Wow, dont think I've seen PRS use ebony before. I know the Mike Mushok model has Ebony but that's all I can recall. There big on the whole neck being rosewood. Looks like PRS meet Jackson on that one.
                Last edited by 84sups; 11-11-2009, 08:42 PM.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Wow thats nice.

Comment

It reminds me of the Heartfield Elan III which has a FR Pro.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I'll be interested to see one in person though I'm not a fan of EMG's. If nothing else, it's a smart move on Paul's part to reach different areas of the guitar-playing public. The guitar in the picture does look nice.

As for the FR, I've only ever seen two original factory-built PRS's with Floyds. One was actually a true shred setup with a single humbucker and the Floyd.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I want one really bad now. I have found my new guitar. Better start saving, especially with christmas just around the corner...
                        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Now the next question ... red or black?
                          Dave

Comment

I didn't see it said red or black. If it's the like transparent black, then black! If it is just the plain like gloss black, or even matte black, then definetely red! If only the headstock matched.
                            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

The Elderly Instruments site lists two of them: gray black and black cherry:

Family owned since 1972, Elderly Instruments is a music store specializing in new, used & vintage guitars, banjos, mandolins, ukuleles and more. Shop today!

the gray black is a transparent finish
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X