Epiphone Zakk Wylde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Zakk Wylde

I just backdoored a yellow/black Zakk Wylde bullseye on Ebay and when I put the serial no into the search engine on the Guitar Dater Project website it came back unable to find number.

Should I be worried?

Are their many other yellow/black bullseye's getting around. Hopefully I didn't buy a chinese fake.

For anyone that is interested the serial is EE05863101.

Any info would be great

Cheers

I'm not aware of a yellow/black...it's an aged white/black as far as I know. I don't know much about that line though..so there may be a yellow/black.

Comment

It's def yellow/black as opposed to the Ivory/ Black

Comment

Only thing I was able to find was for a toy

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I saw that too. The one I've got is a little larger though

Comment

What kind of yellow we talking about here? This one is kinda yellow-ish but may be the pics. http://www.dhgate.com/10-epiphone-cu...0760e33.html#0 From what I've seen, the epiphone's are "yellow-ish" compared to the gibsons but I've never but I've never seen a really yellow/black one. Just more aged-ish looking. But I'm no expert either... This thread shows some signs of fakes. Very long, I just looked at the beginning. http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epip...thread-ii.html Hope it helps.

Well, just found this one... http://www.ioffer.com/i/125955925?source=eisi And it's a REAL GIBSON!!! RRRiiiiigggghhhhttttt......
            Wow.... http://www.ioffer.com/i/Gibson-Custo...0-65-125663793 "We can promise this is the best China made gibson you can find at the whole internet."
            Last edited by warlok; 11-12-2009, 02:57 AM.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

There sure does seem to be alot of them fakes out there in internetland, at least they aren't suckering people into thinking they are real. Well who knows? I guess not everyone knows you can't buy a Gibson let alone a sig Les Paul for that cheap, unless your buying it from a pissed off future ex-wife. But those are more of an right place right time thing. LOL If you're happy with the guitar and the price you paid for it who cares. I see alot of people buying guitars to resale later for a profit, I always thought that would be tough, when buying it how do you know what the next guy is going to want? But then I'm self-centered. Good luck with your new to you guitar.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

i think jayster got one of those chinese ones. its still a nice guitar if it is.

Comment

I'll post some pics pretty soon

Comment

The photos in the listing aren't as yellow as the guitar actually is.

I'll take a few shots myself and post em

Comment

Ok here's some pics. The local music shop is gonna do some checking for me as well. If it's a fake it's a pretty freekin good one. I paid $650 Aud with a hard case. I thought I scored big time.....maybe not:think:

Let me know what you think.

Comment

Seems like a fake to me. I think that the truss rod cover is not supposed to be like this at least. And the Epiphone logo is not in the right place I think.

I also got a fake Epiphone les paul Custom few days ago. It was a great guitar, better than all les pauls I've ever tried. But I sold it and unlike the guy who gave it to my, I told the buyer what he was buying.
                        SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
                        Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Originally posted by HoddiDarko View Post

I also got a fake Epiphone les paul Custom few days ago. It was a great guitar, better than all les pauls I've ever tried.

What Les Pauls have you tried?
                          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Gibson les paul studio, Gibson les paul custom and more Gibsons/epiphone's in guitar shops no knowing what model they were.

Im not a fan of the feel of gibson guitars and the fake was a little diffirent from Gibson/epiphone guitars.

the pickups were of course not good compared to a real guitar, but I really liked the sound of neck pickup. The bridge pu sucked. The electronics were not very nice tho the pots were 500k... But the guitar was crafted exellently. Well made fake and at first I had no idea that it was a fake. I suspected something, but when my local gibson dealer took a look at it he saw some small thing in the binding that were not correct.
                            SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
                            Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

So you played a fake Epiphone that was better than a Gibson Les Paul Cutsom?
                              I must say, I find that astounding.
                              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                              X