X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha RGX 612A

Been checkin' this one out

Has anyone got or played one of these?

I've had a search through the forums and most people seem to say good things about them.

i had one a couple years back and really liked it. it played and felt really awesome. the pickups were pretty low output, but it crunched really well.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Damn I was hoping someone would say it's a piece of crap don't buy it

Comment

AHHH!!! I had a chance to get an RGX 812 a couple years back for a hundred bucks. Why didn't I take it?!?!

The 812 I played was nice.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

oops
          Last edited by jacksonaxes; 11-24-2009, 11:53 PM.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I have an RGZ 611M which is sweet, and an RGX1220S which I dearly love. $499 would be a little steep here but in Oz maybe not? It's a quality guitar, I've owned about a dozen different RGX and RGZ models and they were all great guitars.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah pricewise it probably is a little steep. If it was about I dunno say $350 AUD i would have snapped it up already. The price difference between here and the US kills me. Damn you guys and your cheap (but good) bargains.

Comment

it's a piece of crap, don't buy it

These are some good guitars. I don't think the price is too bad for a particularly nice example. I got my neckthru RGX1203S for lot less, but I watched it hang in the pawnshop for a loooong time and waited for the price to come down. Plus it has a couple of dings - one down to wood - and is missing a couple of bridge parts which you just can't find.

Is this a first listing? If you want to take your chances, you could see if the price drops if it doesn't sell. But then, if the auction heats up (or someone hits the BIN), I guess some people think it is worth the money.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I'll probably restrain myself. What with kids and Chrissie coming up I guess this is one of those times when I have to think of someone other than myself.

Good thing I'm back at work tomorrow, get me away from looking at ebay....for a while.

Really dig that colour.....

Comment

I own 2 RGX 612 A's There awsome guitars, I say you snag it!
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Maybe you can beg the guy to lower the price

Comment

Fantastic guitars. My buddy has a maple fingerboard version and it has the warmest tone you can imagine.
                        Scott

Comment

Seriously please STOP IT!!!!

I guess I did ask

Comment

My buddy has one. He swears by it. It seems like it would be such a great guitar because I've never heard a bad thing about them.
                            Originally posted by horns666
                            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Wow, that is pricey...

You can pick these guitars up for 10,000yen (AU$130) or less in Japan.

RGX612
                              Yahoo!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????Yahoo!???????????????????????????????

RGX820
                              Yahoo!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????Yahoo!???????????????????????????????
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                              X