why cant i buy a telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why cant i buy a telecaster

every time I try I fail in 2000 I go with cash in hand to shop. All I want is a us tele white rose wood board done. come home with a Gibson explorer. fast forward to 2009 I g looking for the same guitar come home with a usa starat. the world has it in for me and tele's I'm just not destined to own one.

I buy a new guitar every 2 years or so, 2012 the year of the tele or maybe a Jackson cow?
    no sig.....

You've seen these movies where people narrowly escape calamitous disaster by a scant few inches?

These are those moments.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Tele's suck.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Tele's suck.
        Always the provocateur

Comment

I actually have little actual dislike for teles... but as a kid, a trusted source told me that "teles suck" - same person that told me "toothpaste logo Charvels suck." And its been that way ever since.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

teles to me are just uncomfortable to play. ive had a couple over the yrs & they never last long.

Comment

Order a Jackson custom Tele, you'll have a two year wait, and you'll be sorted XD
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

They do suck, but in a good way. I don't know about the modern US teles, but forget about distortion with the vintage types.

My 52ri is the farthest thing from the charvels I'm used to. Narrow fretboard, thick sticky neck, tiny 7.5" radius frets...it takes some getting used to but has some very nice, deep clean tones.

Comment

I wish all guitars sucked like Teles... I love the damn things.

Comment

I struggled with that same dilemma for years... then my brother (Uncle Al) gave me this one (far left):

Then I went out and bought this one off Craigslist for peanuts:

I wouldn't say I'm a convert, but I am digging the "different" I guess (that goes for the PRS Soapbar II as well, BTW).

Tone, feel, everything is slightly off what I'm used to, so I think it forces me to go down different roads when playing (places that I wouldn't get to whilst driving one of my superstrats, if that makes any damn sense).

Take the plunge I say!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one with and uncle brother. heh
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

i want a tele with a hum bucker. i love the shape, just needs 24 frets and a floyd rose.

oh dear god i turned into one of them.....
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

While we're daydreaming... I want a rear-loaded string-thru carved-top single hum, single volume tele. Maybe SLS headstock 24-fret with scalloped horn and heel and belly cut.

Keepin an eye out for a neck and trying to find time to finish the CAD drawing to make my own on the CNC.
                          |My CSG gallery|
                          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Apart from the one hum / one volume thing, you've almost described the one being sold by the Guitar Asylum:

Comment

That's one bitchin' Tele.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X