Show off your Project Builds and Re-Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show off your Project Builds and Re-Builds

Hey all, I have been noticing Pic's of Project Builds and Re-Builds lately. I would love to see more before/after photos as well as project stage shots.

So please post and show off your hard work.
    I can kick it off with my first attempt. Kramer mutt I got for a few hundred.

Add 37mm Brass Block, EVH D-Tuna and have the EVH Frankenstrat Pickup on Order.

Many have seen these but here ya go

Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Haters gonna hate

Comment

The edges burst to almost yellow and it is holograpic over the black.

This last one was a mangled black dinky HX the pinkish orange transitions in waves over the body and flops to blue and gold. It has alternating chrome and black hardware and purple acrylic top knobs. Really was going for that 80s vibe lol

Apparently the colors are a bit to vivid for the camera, ill ahve to get it outside to get a good shot of the flipflop sometime
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Here is one of too many to list...

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Here is one no refin but a Chandler strat body (alder) with a NOS kramer beak head neck.Pickup in the pic is a Duncan Live wire.Has a old BL in now with one vol.
            Trem is a Fender vintage with the large sustain block.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

This one started life as an 86 model 2.refin by RSguitarworks,USACG neck, ebony board, pearl dots.Pick up is a 70's DiMarzio super "D" and OFR.

Comment

Here a 3 from a long time ago.
                The strat on the left is all 86 parts.Flame maple neck,DiMarzio super "D's neck and bridge and an SDS-1 in the middle old Fender vintage trem.The body was bare and the neck was raw so RSguitarworks ambered the neck and did the 2-tone tobacco burst on the body.
                The star is a DiMarzio SD body that was painted in grey house paint and had a Kahler steeler trem.RSguitarworks filled the trem routs drilled for a TOM bridge and installed new flame maple veneer on the front and back and did the cherry burst finish.
                The pick up is a Duncan custom-5.Neck is an old Chandler.
                The offset bullseye was a 86 model 2 with a Chandler neck 70's DiMarzio Super "D" from an old Hamer,OFR.Refin by RSguitarworks.
                Last edited by straycat; 01-05-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

This one is USACG body(1/4 in quilt maple cap) and USACG neck,RS/WCR shredder bridge pick up(first production shredder too) and fralin blues special in the neck,OFR.RSguitarworks did the paint on this one as well.

Comment

I miss that Star. Wish I had never sold it to the douche who just "had to have it" only to try to flip it for big profit. Not cool.

Comment

That was a killer star sorry it got parted out.
                      This one started out as an 05 PRS SE standard with the satin urban camo graphic.
                      Shannon Brewer at RS did the airbrush work.Pickups are DiMarzio PAF pro in the bridge and PAF Joe in the neck.RS pot kit with a push pull for coil taps on both pickups

Comment

Here's my recent San Dimas style mutt I wrapped up last month...

KNE Body, Musikraft neck, Model 2 hardware, Trembucker p'up...total weight: only 7 lbs!
                        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

started life as a Squier strat.

Custom made body by a friend of mine. Kramer neck, gold OFR, Hybrid pup i made, and a 2008 quarter cuz thats when i finished it.

Got it like this. ^

Turned it into this ^ Old school OFR' Ash Mighty might body and maple neck, late 70's Dimarzio pup in neck (probably a paf) Another hybrid pup i made in bridge.

Comment

Bought it broken stupid cheap from a customer and fixed it. replaced the lame EMGHZ pups with gibson and duncan pups. Sounds great and headstock is still holding strong.
                            I have a couple other repairs ive done but dont have pix of them yet.
                            Gil

Comment

I was wondering how that neck was holding.Good to see its doing well.

Comment

Working...
                              X