Korean BC Rich Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean BC Rich Guitars

Hi all, sorry if this has already been posted but I've searched for a bit and haven't been able to find anything specifically on this topic.

Question: Has anybody tried out the new Korean made guitars in their lineup? It seems like they're really throwing in some amazing options for the money (Fender pls take note, k thx) and I'd like to know if anyone has given them a test run/bought one and can provide some feedback on build quality/playability?

Cheers

I had korean made Assassin PX3T, and it sure was bang for the buck! Neckthrough, ebony fretboard, Floyd rose (made in korea, i think.. they claimed it to be ofr, but it's one of these new ones, which you can find on almost any ~1000$ guitar today.. frt-o2000 or something like that. anyway, nice one and stayed on tune just fine.), pups were nice for rock'n'roll, finish was fine and there was no complaining about anything. Oh well, I traded my assassin for ibanez 2570, since I have wanted ibanez for many years. If you have something particular to ask about assassin, just ask, I'll try to answer.
    Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
    Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

Comment

They seem to be great guitars for the buck.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, worth every buck! I got Chuck Schuldiner Stealt and it´s awesome!!!
        Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
        Jackson "Phobia" King-V
        BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
        SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
        Laney TF300
        Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

I had their gunslinger retro and got it for $490. Bang for the buck it was quite good and sounded good to boot. Quality an playability was spot on, though I played another one and it has a horrible fret job. But it did sound amazingly good. This one was mine-

Comment

yeah my band mate had the mockingbird. Neckthru, cloud inlays, very good quality guitar. the trem was ok and he had emg's installed in his. Really cool guitar. I'd buy one. the build quality really was exceptional. as good as i have seen on guitars from Korea

Comment

Played the Mockingbird SL- trans red quilt veneer top, floyd, seymour duncans. Played very nice, tuning was a little problem, but a proper set up will cure that. Overall comfortable to play, looked good and sounded good. Not bad for $699
              2011 USA Jackson Soloist
              2007 USA Jackson Soloist
              2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
              2009 Edwards ECY 165
              2009 Schecter Hellraiser
              2006 USA BC Rich Wave
              2012 Gibson LP Trad
              1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

I have a couple of Korean Mockingbirds. Well built guitars, electronics (pickups, pots and switches) are kinda weak (swapped them out on mine) but build quality is solid. Korea is the new Japan in guitar building.

Here's mine, Special X and SL
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cheers for the helpful responses guys, looks like I might just have to invest in that Stealth that I've been eyeing off even if I did just grab myself a CS Charvel as well. Muhaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    I have a couple of Korean Mockingbirds. Well built guitars, electronics (pickups, pots and switches) are kinda weak (swapped them out on mine) but build quality is solid. Korea is the new Japan in guitar building.

Here's mine, Special X and SL
                    Nice Special X, I had one in the dragons blood color killer guitar.

Comment

I had a Mockingbird NJ, but built in Korea model. Got it for about 300$. Very nice guitar. Swapped in some pick-ups. Lovely tone and great feel. Love neck-thru guitars and this one was the shit. Later on, i went to a music store and there was an identical one hanging on a rack. It was a later made in china model and build quality was horrible. I couldn't believe my korean model was better. The chinese had a really dried up board , bad quality wood, it had a shoddy neck joint and some different parts too. It played like crap. Come to think of it, i really liked my Mockingbird. I kinda wish i still had it :S.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                        I had their gunslinger retro and got it for $490. Bang for the buck it was quite good and sounded good to boot. Quality an playability was spot on, though I played another one and it has a horrible fret job. But it did sound amazingly good. This one was mine-
                        OMG are you this dude from youtube ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4OO...eature=related

i recognize the guitar and couch. I erm love your playing . Nice guitars though!

Comment

Working...
                        X