• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cort.

EDIT: Damn, too late, and wrong.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Cort and Hohner used similar LP headstock shapes if I recall.
      Magnum I think had a shape like that also.

My hohners are not chambered if I recall. The inlays are not as pearloid as well.. more cheap imitation pearl, similar in color but not pearly.

The back of that would also give indication as the grain is pretty well pronounced on the two I have.

Either way... its very similar in construction to the point where I consider it a Hohner because I believe mine are Korean.
      The Sky pickups really sound good and are considered collectable in some circles for being somewhat a PAF clone.
      If I recall both read like 8.7. I've kept both of mine stock. They hold rock solid tune and are good players, especially with a little fret dress attention. I use it all the time.

In fact, I used it on a submission for the latest Method of Mayhem album. If the part gets used, I'll post the clip here but it won a finalist consideration.
      Last edited by charvelguy; 01-19-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Here is a shot of the back.From what I read mine is a 79 and Hohner moved its operation to Korea in the early 80's.The Japanese guy that eamiled me said he was sure mine was made in Japan because it had no serial number.Numbers started with the Korean production.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yep, mine look the same. It is what is said then. Mine have no serials, so .. I guess they're possibly MIJ as well. I have a goldtop L-59 with the single P-90 styles (a third L59).. that IS made in Korea (stickered).. I'd have to recheck, but I don't believe it has any serial on it as well.

Comment

Thats what the guy told me and he seemed very much in the know on Hohner guitars from that time period
            A P-90 gold top that sounds like a nice one.
            I for one don't know dick about the Hohners so I was going by what he said.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X