No announcement yet.

Anyone here owns a BC Rich Ironbird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've previously owned four Ironbirds - Platinum '96, NJ '02, and a half-plat/half-NJ Bass which replaced a platinum bass dropped and split in half. Crap strap pins. The platinum '96 had a reversed h/s, a floyd and dot inlays. I had a fantastic tone from those BDSM pups and my GX-700. Still regret selling her. Every other BCR I bought after that was shit. NJ Beast - shit ... and of course, the NJ Ironbird Speedloader - biggest pile of shit ever. Had enough, switched to Jackson..

I wonder if they've solved that neckdive, or even more so - the crap tone and build quality of those NJ Speedloaders. That upper reverse horn should be straight and sharp, not curved. If I'm ever gonna buy an Ironbird again, it'll be a USA.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

if you can find on older U series ironbird they were great guitars if u like Kahler trems.

Comment

I don't know about the guitars, but I own a CS Jackson Kelly neck through bass and I've had the pleasure to play a BC Rich neck through Ironbird bass a couple of times. The Ironbird balanced much better than my Kelly and I think it was more comfy sitting down, too. My Kelly is very comfortable sitting down as well, but the point at the top can kinda dig into my ribs at times. I like the look of a Kelly more, but I think an Ironbird is far more ergonomic, at least in my hands.
        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Guys, you are tempting me more and more... That Ironbird would make a nice friend to my Kelly! But... I've just seen that neon-green Gunslinger!!! Decision, decision, decision...
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Yeah i saw that one on bc rich's site. I love the finish on it, but I'm not the biggest fan of the ironbird shape.
            1990 Charvel 275DLX
            1993 Ibanez RG470
            2005 Ibanez RG7321
            2007 Ibanez RG120

Comment

Speaking of Ironbird, and fitting this reply in right behind ZombieRitual, here's an early live clip of Death with Chuck & Rick Rozz rippin' it up on Denial Of Life, Rozz is playing a sweet red Ironbird with reverse headstock:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Left To Die from the same era:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Even the bass player has a reverse headstock!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                Had one many years ago. It was the most neck heavy guitar ever......
                I agree. I have a USA from the 80's with a Kahler steeler trem. Your arm wears out trying to hold the neck up. I had a Jackson Kelly before...the Ironbird is much more neck heavy than a Kelly.

Comment

I've always liked the Ironbird better as a bass, but thought Trey from Morbid Angel looked cool playing one.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mine plays great. It does neck dive but not as bad as some other things I've played.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      Mine plays great. It does neck dive but not as bad as some other things I've played.
                      It looks awesome except it's got that weird "bent" headstock. BC Rich did them like that for a short time, and it honestly looks kinda weird. It's bent too far over.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i aways dug the ironbirds with the straight pull pointy headstock.

Comment

Double A, that guitar neck dives too much. Please send it to me so I can rid you of your pain.

Comment

My biggest issue with the Ironbird is that the top point would dig in to the bottom of my rib cage...it was very uncomfortable to play standing up for me but that may not be an issue if you wear your guitar up a bit higher. Aside from that, I think its cool as hell.

Older neck-thru BCRs seemed to frequently have the "heavy neck" issue...I've seen that issue across all of the old models. Still great guitars though.

Comment

Working...
                            X