Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firebird Parts Mutt COMPLETE! Pics inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird Parts Mutt COMPLETE! Pics inside...

Always been a Firebird fan, and since I can't actually BUY one, I might as well MAKE one!

Here's the rundown...

Started out as an alder body A&D Guitars...sealed & primed with ReRanch's finest...

Then coats of ReRanch Fender Blonde...

Cleared & curing..

Neck had some tuner that needed filling - here's the "toothpick, glue, clip & file"-method

Good to go! The Chandler pointy-neck worked great, as it's hard to find 25.5" scale, non-locking nut pointies with 2 3/16" heel width (they're usually 2 1/4" wide)...

The stop-piece holes were a touch small for the Gotoh hardware, but a couple hours with a rats tail file and we were good to go...the pickup is a Lace Sensor Drop D, which is splittable and will be getting the single push-pull pot and a mini-swtch eventually..just not in this episode as I don't have the parts on hand today...

I like to use fishing line to site-check the neck for correct line-up...looks good!

And here's the (almost) end result... still need black trussrod cover, strap buttons and a volume/tone knob & splitter switch, but here she is 95% of the way there! Play like dream already...one of the few times I have bolted a guitar together, and it was almost set up right at the get-go...

[/quote]
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

that my friend is pure sex!

I like it
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

At first, I wasn't sure about the colour. But all bolted up and with the black hardware, it looks fantastic. Nice work!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

dig it!
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

looks killer!! good job!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nice job. That is one clean bird.
            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

love it..perfect shade of white
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                Nice job. That is one clean bird.
                And coming from you, that just made my day!

Comment

Kick-azz!
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Great job! thanks for sharing the in process & completed pics!

Comment

Man, nice job!
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I love it, I have to do one of those one day, but I'd use rosewood fb.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Finally got her wired up and a truss rod cover on the headstock...the Lace pickup is actually 2 completely independent single coils, so I had to improvise the wiring a little...3 way toggle goes north coil/both coils (humbucking)/south coil...took forever to figure out where to wire each set of green/orange/white wires...here's the final pics...

Comment

Very cool. Love it!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

suuuuuweet!!!!! fantastic job!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X