X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Don excellent bang for the buck.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Peavey did make some nice ones. I always look at the Tracer's also. I currently have two of them and I miss the other two that I got rid of.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

They had a Tracer (electric blue / maple FB) at GC in Nashville at the same time I bought the Nitro. It was $199 and they wouldn't bargain for it. No case of course. But it's gone now, so they either bargained or comeone bent over. It seemed like a descent guitar also.

I've been really liking the tone of my broken Nitro. Even with the body and trem all F'd up, it still has great tone. There was a thread on good vs. bad basswood, I think the HM Strat and Nitro both got good wood.

Comment

I don't know much about the old Peaveys, but I always wanted a Vandenberg and have been looking for one recently. Any tips on identifying a "good" one? USA vs import?

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
            I don't know much about the old Peaveys, but I always wanted a Vandenberg and have been looking for one recently. Any tips on identifying a "good" one? USA vs import?
            My Nitro has a headstock like a Vandy, but not reverse. So I'm wondering if a Nitro is a poor man's Vandy?

But I think a Vandy has a 24.75" scale length as well.

I don't know, but as long as you get a USA and it cost you $100 or less, I don't think you can go wrong.

Comment

Cool axe. Does that one have a recessed trem?

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Blocked the trem to dive only but still not coming back to pitch correctly so no big deal just won't use the trem on this one.
              Great player tho as is.
              Little late on this but are the G & B strings locking in the saddles tight & are those saddles pivoting smoothly. May need a clean & lube.
              Two other things.
              Are the under-side saddle screws tight?

Are the intonation lock screws tight? They are just below the string lock thumb screws.
              Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

The trem (Spyder) on my HM Strat needs cleaning. Same issues, saddles won't pivot.

Comment

Yeah all are tight and I did do a clean and lube.Set the intonation and its dead on.
                  I played it last night and it seems fine now.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X