NGD - Lado Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Lado Earth

My Lado Lazer was lonely, so I found a friend for it.

If you look closely, you can see the differences between the Earth (blue guitar), and the Lazer (green guitar)
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

what are the inlays on the green one?
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
      what are the inlays on the green one?
      They're just some weird designs that have been used on Lados over the years. As far as I know, they don't have any meaning.

Comment

There's a couple of rare ones
        Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
          plus 1

Lado is not something you see often
          2011 USA Jackson Soloist
          2007 USA Jackson Soloist
          2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
          2009 Edwards ECY 165
          2009 Schecter Hellraiser
          2006 USA BC Rich Wave
          2012 Gibson LP Trad
          1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Hey Zeegs, what happened to the one you were building? Did it get finished?

Sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Those are killer! I've always wanted a Lado but can never find one when I have the money.

Comment

That blue one reminds me of Adrian Smith's (1987/88)
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You should definitely post more pics, especially ones that arent partially upside down
                  "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                    Hey Zeegs, what happened to the one you were building? Did it get finished?

Sully
                    Not yet. I'm kinda stuck on something at the moment. I made a slight miscalculation when locating the route for the bridge pickup. It is about 1/4" too close to the bridge, and I think it might cause problems with locating the bridge properly.
                    I could remove the fretboard, and use a new board with a slightly longer scale length. I think 25 3/4" would be perfect. This would move the bridge back 1/4". The only problem with this, is that it is a lot of work to remove the fretboard, and I'd have to have one custom made.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      As soon as I saw them portions of the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album started playing in my head.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post

And with Lado up for grabs, they'll become even more rare
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I was thinking the same thing! He played one on the Powerslave tour as well. Watch the Live After Death DVD! Great stuff!

Comment

Also reminds me of that one dude from Obscura.
                            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              Not yet. I'm kinda stuck on something at the moment. I made a slight miscalculation when locating the route for the bridge pickup. It is about 1/4" too close to the bridge, and I think it might cause problems with locating the bridge properly.
                              I could remove the fretboard, and use a new board with a slightly longer scale length. I think 25 3/4" would be perfect. This would move the bridge back 1/4". The only problem with this, is that it is a lot of work to remove the fretboard, and I'd have to have one custom made.

Any other ideas?
                              What kind of bridge are you putting on there? I don't remember specifically, but is it getting a trans finish? My thought is that if you locate the bridge where it needs to be, worst case scenario, you can fill the pickup rout, move it up, and rout it again. If you fill it well enough, you're never going to see it; especially if you're using a pickup mounting ring. . I'd much rather fill the pickup rout than mess with a fretboard or scale that's already been determined.

OR....you can fill it, rout the body down slightly, and veneer the top so there's no evidence. Bury the body, so to speak.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X