NGD - Lado Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sully View Post
    What kind of bridge are you putting on there? I don't remember specifically, but is it getting a trans finish? My thought is that if you locate the bridge where it needs to be, worst case scenario, you can fill the pickup rout, move it up, and rout it again. If you fill it well enough, you're never going to see it; especially if you're using a pickup mounting ring. . I'd much rather fill the pickup rout than mess with a fretboard or scale that's already been determined.

OR....you can fill it, rout the body down slightly, and veneer the top so there's no evidence. Bury the body, so to speak.

sully
    That's the other option I was thinking of. I was originally going to go with a fixed bridge of some type. It is going to be a trans finish, so if I move the pickup route, it's going to be a job hiding the fill, especially since the top is a really cool piece of flame maple. Although, if I run a piece of veneer the width of the pickup cavity through the middle of the body, it might look good.

I'll figure it out soon, but I have to decide on a bridge first.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Do you still have any scrap of the top left over? You may be able to make a good patch, although it might be tough clamping it tight enough that you don't have a seam. I had to graft a piece on the bird I'm making now, and it came out pretty damn seamless, but I got lucky in that the piece I grafted had similar grain lines that matched with what it was being grafted to.

The idea of running a contrasting strip down the center could be really, really cool, though.

Sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow, you did a real nice job with that one. With stain and finish on that, it will be all but invisible.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

awesome lado's! my friend has a white/gold one from the 80's. i'm talking him into selling it. right now it's pretty trashed. I want to refinish it like adrian smith's black and gold one from the powerslave era. it's the one in the aces high video.

Comment

Sweet!!! Rare is cool!!
            Thats why I LOVE MY Stephen's Guitars!!!

These guitars remind me of a Washburn Nuno N4....they should since Stephen Davis designed the extended cutaway that Washurn is using on the N4 guitars.

Comment

What are the resale values of lado models now a days?
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Man nice score. You know I love that green one!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                  What are the resale values of lado models now a days?
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/Lado-Iron-Maiden...item335a5b6018

Comment

I scored an ebony-boarded Lado strathead neck last week. Which brings me one step closer to building my daydream guitar.

I heard a rumor that Lado once made parts for Charvel in the early days. Any truth to that?
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                    X