Hamer/Jackson question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer/Jackson question

Do you think that FMIC will allow the Jackson CS to make guitars based on the Hamer shapes that they don't use anymore?

Would Jackson branded Septers and Scarabs be acceptable?
    Or even a Virt now?

Seems ahamed to have some cool shapes but because they don't the new direction they get abandoned.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Hamer is owned by Fender? That's interesting, and I did not know that.

HOWEVER, I think they would. The Adrian Smith model is listed as a Strat, so I assume if you try and get a Jackson Scarab or Scepter they'd be alright with that. Interesting topic though, I'd like to hear the outcome.

Although, I know ESP and Schecter are owned by the same company, and they wouldn't do an ESP headstock, or one of the pointy V body shapes (V-100, etc).
    That being said, I'd totally get a Jackson Scepter

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
      Hamer is owned by Fender? That's interesting, and I did not know that.
      Yep.

"October 29, 2007

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) announced today that it has entered a definitive agreement to acquire Kaman Music Corporation (KMC). FMIC agreed to purchase Kaman Music Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company Kaman Corp. (NASDAQ-GM: KAMN) for approximately $117 million in cash, subject to specified post-closing purchase price adjustments. Closing is expected to occur prior to January 1, 2008.

Kaman Music Corp. is the preeminent independent U.S. distributor of musical instruments and accessories, offering more than 20,000 products for amateurs and professionals. KMC owns Ovation Guitars, LP and Toca hand percussion products, Gibraltar Hardware, Genz Benz Amplification, Hamer Guitars, and is the exclusive U.S. sales representative for Sabian Cymbals, and exclusive worldwide distributor of Takamine Guitars and Gretsch Drums.

"We are delighted to welcome the Kaman Music Corporation into the Fender Family," said Bill Mendello, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fender Musical Instruments Corp. "KMC is one of the most respected companies in the musical instrument industry. We have very similar cultures that have been developed over many years. The distribution expertise that Kaman Music brings to the music marketplace will complement and strengthen FMIC's service to its dealers and consumers."

Kaman Music Corporation will continue to be led by current President, Edward Miller. Miller has 35 years of experience with Kaman, having joined the company in 1972 and later serving as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. He was appointed President of Kaman Music Corp. in June of 2007."
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So you could theoretically order a Jackson Californian, eh? Hmm...
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Who owns caparison? Because, you know... a neck thru Jackson Horus would be pretty awesome.
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Or you could have this guy make you a "Hamer" Californian for half the price of a Jackson CS...

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
              Who owns caparison? Because, you know... a neck thru Jackson Horus would be pretty awesome.

You could have them make a neckthrough Jackson Falcon.

Designed by the guy who started Caparison & used it as the basis for the Horus.

Comment

Californian

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                Or you could have this guy make you a "Hamer" Californian for half the price of a Jackson CS...

http://www.nocturne-guitars.co.uk/nc1.htm
                Hey, thanks for the post! I have been having a hard time finding a Hamer Californian. Maybe this guy is the answer. The pics on his website look great. Do you know anything about him? Thanks.

Comment

I wrote him and got a quote:

"As everything is made from scratch most things are possible. Based on your enquiry i pressume you want something with a 1pc flamed sycamore body (it's a maple over here).

To start the ball rolling here's an initial quote and we can get a bit more in depth if you like the sound of things.

Neck:
                  3pc rock maple with ebony or birdseye maple board.
                  body matching headstock veneer.
                  2 way truss rod.
                  27 frets over 25.5" scale.
                  Dunlop 6100 or 6150 fret wire.

Body:
                  1pc flamed english sycamore either dyed or shot with a tinted clear coat - pretty well any colour's available !

Hardware:
                  Gotoh floyd rose bridge with front mounted 1 11/16" lock nut. Gotoh 510 tuners. either chrome or cosmo black (£35 upcharge for gold)

Electrics:
                  As the body wood makes it quite bright i would say something like a Duncan TB11 in the bridge and a SHR1 in the neck would be a nice combination. Single volume and 3 way blade all electrical components come from CTS / CRL / Switchcraft or Oak. The output jack is on the rear rim and is a strat type surround mounted pointed up so your lead goes straight over the strap button.

Finish:
                  2 part polyurathane which can be tinted to whatever shade you want.

Price:
                  £1295 cased plus shipping

Delivery:
                  between 4-6 months from order

Options: Sky's the limit really !
                  Pickups - my suggestion is just that. i can quote for any market available selection
                  fingerboard - any non CITES timber at market cost eg: ziricote / cocobolo / snakewood
                  OFR or Schaller floyd bridge £110 upcharge
                  neck face or side LED's - £125
                  Fernandes Sustainer - £195 (not available on 27 fret guitars)
                  Nitro cellulose finish - £180 upcharge due to the extended work involved
                  Inlays - custom inlays are available to your drawings...priced on complexity and
                  required materials"

Just write him...he seems friendly enough, and a former Hamer endorsee is using his guitars exclusivelly...

Comment

Kevin Dillard is a member here and he is a Nocturne endorsee...

They seem like very nice guitars.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The Nocturne's look cool.
                      But, once you factor in the money conversion isn't it about the same price to go Jackson?
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Given everything we've seen in recent history, I'd think it's highly unlikely that FMIC would let Jackson do anyone else's body styles. Whether they own that other guitar brand or not.

Comment

Jackson pays a licensing fee to Fender for the use of the Strat body and headstock for the Adrian Smith and the Strathead PC-1 as well as the Charvels. Yes, they're owned by the same company, but they still conduct operations as separate divisions with separate budgets and separate management. Hamer will be done the same way, so if Jackson pays the license fee to use the Scarab and Sceptre designs, I imagine they will offer them.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I contacted the guy at Nocturne. He was very friendly and responsive to my questions, and I am seriously considering ordering a guitar from him. Thanks again for letting me know about this guy!

Comment

You can get a Soloist with 27 frets, y'know. That would certainly get rid of my jones for a Californian. Now, a Jackson equivalent of a Virtuoso? I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X