Fender Jim Root Tele or Jackson RR24M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Jim Root Tele or Jackson RR24M

I am about to buy a Fender Jim Root Telecaster, but I am questioning the quality of those guitars. For starters, it weighed more or less the same as an alder tele, which leads me to believe it's not real mahogany. It felt 'cheap' in my hands, and the ebony looked too light. I also tried a Jackson RR24M, which felt alot better. The only problem is I can't be bothered altering the Floyd to downtune. I play black/death/thrash metal. Which would be better?

First, Mahogany isn't necessarily heavy.

Second... Not real mahogany? :think:

If you can't be bothered with a Floyd then, you can have it blocked, or keep looking for another guitar.

Comment

do you change tunings alot, or just can't handle setting up a floyd?
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Um... if you play black/death/thrash, what in the HELL are you doing looking at a tele? There is absolutley NOTHING metal about a tele, I dont care what model or whos playing it. Get the RR24 and block the trem. Problem solved!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Jackson Matt Tuck signature?

Comment

If you only need to change tuning back and forth for the low e, slap an EVH D-Tuna on the Floyd

Comment

I like the Jim Root tele. I think it looks cool.

I'd get a Charvel ProMod over either of those, though.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                Um... if you play black/death/thrash, what in the HELL are you doing looking at a tele? There is absolutley NOTHING metal about a tele, I dont care what model or whos playing it. Get the RR24 and block the trem. Problem solved!
                Well, it does have EMGs... and Slipknot is metal.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lots of non-metal players use emg's.... that and slipknot sucks, and teles are ghey. Mmmmk?
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    Lots of non-metal players use emg's.... that and slipknot sucks, and teles are ghey. Mmmmk?
                    Correct!
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

this is a jackson board, an the RR24 is the way to go

Comment

Working...
                      X