best les paul copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best les paul copies?

so my broken les paul buy didnt happen. causes me to think what you guys feel are the best les paul clones out there. i like used stuff so assume i had a $400 budget...
    ...I will secretly play a Les Paul when nobody is looking...

WTB really badly...Dean Custom 450 w emg's...

DXMG
    SL3
    LTD M200fm

Agile AL-3000 at http://www.rondomusic.com/:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Yeah, Agile is easily your best bet in the $400 range. I'd go for one of those over an Epiphone. I like the Edwards LPs also, but even used ones tend to sell for over $600 on this side of the Pacific.

Comment

Tokai and Greco are good as well, but they will push your budget.

Comment

Yup I'll second or third the Agile, I love mine. I would suggest making sure you go with the 3000 or 3100. my 2000 was alright but i've made it a project guitar

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Oh one other thing, it's fine for now, but if you buy an agile you may want to eventually invest in a replacement bridge. I am not really fond of the stock one and ended up buying roller bridges for mine. i may get something else later (tone pros or whatever) but for now the roller bridge kicks some ass
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

The old set neck Aria Pro II Axes were excellent.
              Hog neck and body. No pancake. Solid carved Maple cap. Long tenon.
              I paid $300 BIN.

77 Model

Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

I'll have to say my 79 Honer L59 is a damn good L.P. copy,Aria pro II's are fine too.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Another vote for Agile, I really like mine.

Only thing: the frets are too small for my liking, but again, I am used to scalloped fretboards and Dunlop 6000 fretwire.

Otherwise, it looks great, plays great, sounds great.

- Leo.

Comment

esp ltd are nice.
                    no sig.....

Comment

I actually dig the Austin AU766CS I picked up off evil-bay a couple of years back.
                      Yeah it's Chinese, but it plays great. It's become my #2 guitar.

Granted mine has a few mods, pickup swap (the stock ones were pretty decent, but I was going for a look as well as a sound) and a knob change. The black stuff looked out of place.
                      -Rick

Comment

Yep, in your price budget Agile or Xaviere guitars are your best bet.
                        Maybe even a Michael Kelly Patriot.

If you can get closer into the $800 area, then I would say Tokai, Edwards, Greco, Burny, Epi Elitist, Aria Pro , Yamaha . And yes, I would take those over a Gibby Studio of the same price.
                        4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

I had an Agile 2500 Goldtop and a USA Gibson LP Standard at the same time. The Agile was a quality guitar. Nearly the same weight as my LP, and the playability was equal.

I'm sure some minor tweaks such as a better nut (graphtec), some better pickups (Duncans), and better hardware and electronics would make it a definite keeper.

Then again, if you can find one of those older Charvel Refinement models, get it. Yeah it was a bolt on and thin like a Strat or SG, but they play and sound great.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a couple of these. Great for the money....
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Then again, if you can find one of those older Charvel Refinement models, get it. Yeah it was a bolt on and thin like a Strat or SG, but they play and sound great.
                              I keep hoping to stumble onto one of those. Or Marty Friedman's Jackson LP.
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X