Composite Acoustics - Damn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composite Acoustics - Damn

I have been searching, in vain, for several years for a steel string acoustic electric I could bond with. I ended up, after trying nearly everything on the market, playing a Composite Acoustics GX model. After several other purchases got in the way of buying one (Eleven Rack, new computer to run ProTools Le, etc.), I finally reached a point to buy a CA acoustic guitar.

As luck would have it, the company apparently closed its a few days before I decided to make my purchase. There was a bit of a run on the available instruments, and most of the models I was interested in were quickly snatched up.

I finally found a used piece, in true mint condition, on ebay.

I don't know if it is the carbon fiber construction, the stainless steel frets, or what, but this guitar kicks major acoustic ass. Mine is a traditional, non cutaway dreadnaught style with electronics and it is incredibly loud when picked, but also very clear when fingerpicking.

I've never been that into acoustic guitars - I enjoy playing them, but never felt the need to have own several models as I do with electrics. This instrument has changed that. I might end up buying several of the other models if I see clean used ones become available.

The exposed carbon weave on the top looks bad ass - like the SkunkWorks rolled the guitar off the assembly line right after an SR71.

I have tried other carbon guitars - the Rainsong models, and the CA is in an entirely different league in terms of sound and playability. This company having to close its doors is really a shame as they truly made revolutionary instruments.

Yeah they did.

If you can find a Blade model. Try it out. It was their new electric model that they started shipping right before they closed up.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I love high end acoustics. gotta check these out.

not so hot on that cutaway design however...
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
      X