Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Universe 20th Anniversary Reissue - video

Interesting:

Steve talks about the origins of the Ibanez Universe 7-string guitar, and introduces the 20th Anniversary Reissue!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I'd buy one right now if it wasn't worth over 5k

Comment

So who did more for the 7 strings popularity? Vai or Monkey and Head?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I'd say Korn did. I mean Vai had it, but the only real popular song he uses it for is ''The audience is listening''. I think he made good progress to design it and make it available. My friend has the Ibanez Prestige K7 guitar and it is a lot like the Universe. Blaze dimarzio pick-ups, bridge etc. Now i know they string-thru model, but at the time it was basically a Universe with different paint and inlays. I think Korn just made the music more popular. Steve vai is a great guitar player, but not much of what he does reaches the masses. Korn was really popular. Still it's funny to think that the 7 was out in the early 90's at Ibanez and it took at least 7-10 years before it started being popular in metal. Same thing with the 8 string a lot of companies started making, but you have to wonder if the 8 is ever going to be cool. I mean I've played a few universes and what i like about them is the neck is not a whole lot thicker, makes it really comfortable for playing and it makes for a smooth transition, i haven't played an 8, but it's a loot bigger. I'm guessing they can thin it out too much since there is soo much tension on that neck with 8 strings.

Comment

Ugh, I guess gotta go with Korn to my dismay.

On the youtube link, fastforward to 6:55 mark to see how they dip the guitar for the swirl finish...freakin cool!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That was pretty cool!
            Did you guys see the link to the "Design A Jem" competition?
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
            X