NGD BC RICH STEALTH 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD BC RICH STEALTH 7 string

WHOO HOO i just picked this one up 2 days ago for a steal . this thing is awesome, it has a wide neck but thin almost classical in a way, very fast and slick. the sound is huge out of this one, maple neck with bound ebony board, mahogany/nato body. emg81 bridge, 707 neck. seven string floyd holds good and the sustain is beautiful. i will say it has very good fit and finish, only drawback is its horribly balanced( i will have to put conterweight balance on the backside of the strap). jackson should take a hard look at what bc rich did here for the quality at an affordable price. i got this on a sale for 764.15 with hardshell case shipped.

DK2 EERIE DESS
    KE3 CUSTOM
    KELLY PROFESSIONAL
    KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
    RR3 PRO
    BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
    KRAMER VOYAGER
    LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
    TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Very nice the stealth is one of my faves.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Grats man they are awesome

I've had mine a few months now, i am really loving it.
      I put on some thicker strings, custom gauged them to drop tune it a step and tightened the claw screws a little bit and it set up perfectly. Intonation stayed well.

Floyd is level and tight 4 springs heavy strings.
      Got a big block and tremel-no for it to maybe add some counter balance and solid feel, but it really rocks as is with good string tension.

Every practice i pull it out of the case it's already in tune.
      I had to raise the action just because i like it a bit higher.

I had just walked in the door from playing it all night and was thinking of the best way to counterbalance it, it's not horrible dive as is but just enough that you would want to correct it.

I like your idea of weighting the strap, cause there is no room in the cavity. I finally changed the shing duk pho battery tonight.
      Can't believe it lasted this long

Only workmanship flaw is file marks on the binding, but really i'm just happy the neck is all i could hoped for in feel luckily.
      I grilled them about the exact neck specs before i bought it.
      Neck is Radius 15" Neck thickness is 20mm at 1st fret & 22mm at 12th fret and the shape of neck is "C" shape - Nut- 48.2mm 12th- 60.8mm.
      It get's thicker where it meets the body, almost classical feel your right.

Anyway it's a keeper, finally got a Stealth standard scale and it's a 7

Enjoy!
      Last edited by Trem; 03-14-2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
        I
        Nut- 48.2mm 12th- 60.8mm.
        It get's thicker where it meets the body, almost classical feel your right.
        i guess maybe marc rizzo might of had some say in that maybe because of his flamenco / classical stuff he does. now if i could play anywhere near as good as him i'd be stoked. the binding is good on mine , no real noticeable marks anywhere.i definately hate to say this because i'm on a jackson forum but i think this is my favorite axe now.
        DK2 EERIE DESS
        KE3 CUSTOM
        KELLY PROFESSIONAL
        KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
        RR3 PRO
        BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
        KRAMER VOYAGER
        LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
        TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

You know, Both of my Bc Riches are Korean made and they are easily as good as my Jackson USA.

My Deluxe Jr V MF, you know the ones that won't sell for 350 on ebay, is as every bit as nice as my USA RR1, an in fact has a better natural tone and resonant depth to it. So I sold one of my USA's off and kept the Rich, no brainer.

Still love my RR1, tho

Comment

congrats on the stealth
            2011 USA Jackson Soloist
            2007 USA Jackson Soloist
            2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
            2009 Edwards ECY 165
            2009 Schecter Hellraiser
            2006 USA BC Rich Wave
            2012 Gibson LP Trad
            1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment