Crap I might have to buy an Epi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    I checked this out a bit more and this thing has a phenolic (plastic) fingerboard.
    Yeah, I saw that. I remember Ebonite in the 80's (never actually played it) and that seemed kind of cheesy to me back then...

Is Phenolic really crap or is it just the "it's not wood" thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I checked this out a bit more and this thing has a phenolic (plastic) fingerboard.
      Forgive my ignorance, but is this material used on any other guitars' fretboards?

Comment

If this thing streets for under a grand, it's mine!

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
          I wouldn't buy based solely on the douchebag in that picture. Any association to that guy is bad news. lol :P

You're a fucking idiot obviously. Jeff is awesome.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I've seen phenolic used on basses... never actually played one tho. I know it's very tough stuff, can't vouch for what it sounds like.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              You're a fucking idiot obviously. Jeff is awesome.

Does my opinion offend you ? Will you write the moderators a letter of discord ? Part of me doesn't care, but my Quebec blood wants me to tell you... SUCE MA QUEUE GROSSE SALOPE D'ONTARIEN . Translate that, and we'll be even. Now just respect my opinion while i accept that if you were locked in a room with Jeff and no one was looking, you'd probably have a mouthful of spunk on your way out :P

Comment

that has a nasty squared cutaway, no flow from the neck to the body
                DK2 EERIE DESS
                KE3 CUSTOM
                KELLY PROFESSIONAL
                KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
                RR3 PRO
                BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
                KRAMER VOYAGER
                LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
                TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Does my opinion offend you ? Will you write the moderators a letter of discord ? Part of me doesn't care, but my Quebec blood wants me to tell you... SUCE MA QUEUE GROSSE SALOPE D'ONTARIEN . Translate that, and we'll be even. Now just respect my opinion while i accept that if you were locked in a room with Jeff and no one was looking, you'd probably have a mouthful of spunk on your way out :P
                  mange ma merde frenchie.

Comment

mange ma merde frenchie.
                    Hhehe awesome :P good effort man !

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      Is Phenolic really crap or is it just the "it's not wood" thing?
                      "Phenolic is the material used for most consumer fittings. Plugs on electronic devices, handles for pots and pans, and the screw-tops on most sodas are just a few applications for which phenolic is widely used. Its affordability and the ease with which it is molded make phenolic an ideal candidate whenever a cheap plastic is needed."

Stolen from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-phenolic.htm

Also "Phenolic sheet is usually made by impregnating a core material, such as paper or fabric, with the resin and then catalyzing it."
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hhehe awesome :P good effort man !
                        Hehe, the school system failed me. 6 years of French, and that's all I got out of it.

Comment

Hehe, the school system failed me. 6 years of French, and that's all I got out of it.
                          Yeah well don't worry about it, French is hard to learn. French was my first language and then when i was about 5 or 6 i was sent to English school. You should see of my other ex-classmates. Some of them never properly learn to speak without their heavy ''Quebec'' accent or write without it either . I always say that the only things you need to know from any other language is how to order food and possibly to ask where the gym is. You know, if it's a hot chick. Also flex your guns :P

Comment

Yeah well don't worry about it, French is hard to learn. French was my first language and then when i was about 5 or 6 i was sent to English school. You should see of my other ex-classmates. Some of them never properly learn to speak without their heavy ''Quebec'' accent or write without it either . I always say that the only things you need to know from any other language is how to order food and possibly to ask where the gym is. You know, if it's a hot chick. Also flex your guns :P
                            The funny thing is, I now work with a bunch of French people (Welland has a pretty big Francophone population), and I'm picking a little up here and there.

You forgot another important one. Ou et le salle de bain?

Comment

Tabernac!
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Also flex your guns :P
                                talk about an transatlantic mutation
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X