Gibson Les Paul Axcess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul Axcess

I have been intrigued by the Gibson Les Paul Axcess for a couple of years now and finally broke down and got one. For years I loved the Les Paul tone, hated the playability with the big bulky heel joint, and hated the all humbucker tone. The Axcess solves all those problems while maintaining the true Les Paul tone, no lie. I just got this "Iced Tea" Burst from 2008, like new though. Used it at a gig last night, fellows, it rules. Check the neck to body joint. Same Floyd as on the Charvel Production SoCal's and SD's. Still a monster, hate to say it, might have to give my trusty Jacksons the back seat for a little...

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Oh man, I want one of those but they are seriously overpriced. If the new Epi version streets for under a grand, I'll get one of those.

Congrats, and play it in good health.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

I want one bad but I just couldn't into the neck carve. I think the necks on these are a little chunky for a shred machine. If it had a 60's slim taper I would already own one. Congrats on the score, she is a beauty!

Comment

If I ever get a Les Paul it will be an axcess model, but I think I'd get the stoptail version.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Joe,

If you have Direct TV, you might have caught the Rush live concert. Alex has a sweet one.

Comment

I find the 50's neck play fast too. I used to hate them, but as i got better at playing, i used to love playing my gibson. It was like going on vacation, whereas my ibanez and jacksons were like work. They were efficient and precise, whereas the Gibson is fun and chunky! Good buy!

Comment

check out the download festival
              Journey is on there and the guitarist has one
              sound is awesome ripps

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar_Symphony View Post
                check out the download festival
                Journey is on there and the guitarist has one
                sound is awesome ripps
                I thought he was still using his Signature Custom. Essentially the same set up, but different inlays (split diamond IIRC), and a sustainer....

To the OP...

Awesome axe, that top looks sweet as hell, much better than the stock photos..
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

It looks sweet. They have gotten my attention!

Can anyone comment on how the Floyd sits on the body? I see the pullup route on the guitar, but the trem doesn't look flush to the body, ie like current Jacksons. Is the bridge height of the strings the same distance from the body as a regular TOM LP, or has the neck angle been changed?

I prefer a non-recessed Floyd height and would just like some clarification on this one.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks, guys. Don, I saw that show with Rush, yes, he has quite the Gibson collection going. And I saw Neil Schon with Journey (and Def Leppard!!) and his custom Floyded models. Great tone from those players.

Well, the neck on mine is not the standard '59 rounded "baseball bat" but it's also not as slim tapered as the 60's style. In between, sort of like my 1980 LP Custom. Very comfortable, maybe as thick as a Jackson PC-1 style, or the Charvel San Dimas. So definitely built for speed and comfort, yes.

What makes it a winner though is that the sound is definitely Les Paul, no doubt about it. The Floyd doesn't rob any of the tone, nor does the neck joint or the weight relieved body. The tone control on the bridge pickup is a push/pull for the Burstbuckers to coil tap, a very convincing single coil tone. I need that for the wide diversity the band is now playing.

The Floyd is recessed, in the pics I don't have it precisely set up exactly level, it's tilting back a little. So it's similar to the Archtop Soloists with recessed routes, the neck is not tilted as much. I have not found a Jackson Arcthop Soloist that can rival the tonality of this Gibson, honest. I mean, I hate to admit that, people are asking at gigs where the Jacksons are that I usually tote out. But to me, playability and tone are number one. For years I've had that with Jackson, but this LP takes the cake.

Of course though, I should add, I often go through "stages" with nice guitars where I think one is great and don't play anything else until a few months later and "rediscover" a neglected one. But for now, this is an outstanding guitar. Guys, check the used ones out, you can find 'em for about 2K in like new condition. Worth it.
                    Last edited by charvel750; 03-21-2010, 01:20 AM.

Comment

stevie your right
                      i just looked again...i remembered the floyd that was all

n e ways close to the same

Comment

Did you happen to pick that up at a GC (via interweb) In Aurora IL? It looks familiar.
                        Gil

Comment

No, Gil, it was an eBay sale, dude was from Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar_Symphony View Post
                            Look at this axcess...
                            its so siccckkkkk

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-...item439e08f643
                            Yeah....I saw that. That is an amazing looking guitar and the price is not bad for that little chip up on the back of the headstock. Why can't I be rich?

Comment

Working...
                            X