Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Les Paul Studio project is complete...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Les Paul Studio project is complete...

Yes, the wiring is finally finished (Thanks Pete!). Here's a video demo-ing the piezo and the Duncan P-Rail bridge pickup in the humbucker setting. Piezo sound is on the left channel, P-Rail on the right. The proper video documentation will be up soon, but I wanted to post a brief demo.

I can't say enough about the P-Rails; this guitar is now incredibly versatile!

Sully's Guitar Garage - Les Paul Studio Complete - teaser! on Vimeo

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Finally!

On a side note, your videos got me jonesin for another headstock repair so I bought a Carvin CT4 with a broken headstock. Your vids inspired me and I learned a few new tricks. Thanks Sully! I'm lovin the black on black look you got goin.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Nice, looks good....
      Charvel CST 060 1992
      Charvel CST 070 1992
      Charvel CDS 090 1993
      Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
      Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
      Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
      Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
      Duesenberg 49er 2012
      Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
      Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
      History TH-LS Limited 2009
      History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Sounds fantastic Sully! Now let's hear ALL of that versatility!

Comment

Excellent - great to hear such versatility out of a guitar that isn't long scaled!!! The guitar and demo are both awesome!!!!!!

Comment

The piezo sounds awesome. You could get a dead on acoustic guitar sound with that.

How about a video showing the p-rail switched in different configurations? I have one on order for a project guitar and I can't wait for it to get here.

Also, when did you get an axe-fx? How are you liking it?
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Very nice, sir!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh there will be a full demo, for sure. It's all recorded; I just have to put the video together.

This installment was recorded at Pete's place; all that gear behind me is his. We had a lot of fun. The axe fx is neat, for sure.

Sully

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                The piezo sounds awesome. You could get a dead on acoustic guitar sound with that.

How about a video showing the p-rail switched in different configurations? I have one on order for a project guitar and I can't wait for it to get here.

Also, when did you get an axe-fx? How are you liking it?
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nice job Sully!!
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                    Oh there will be a full demo, for sure. It's all recorded; I just have to put the video together.

This installment was recorded at Pete's place; all that gear behind me is his. We had a lot of fun. The axe fx is neat, for sure.

Sully
                    ah, well that answers my question! I didn't even notice the axe fx - I was wondering when you got the recto & bogner
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Pete's house is definitely guitar heaven. Got to play a couple of Eric Johnson strats (the only Fender strats I've enjoyed, interestingly enough), a PRS, some SoCals, some Andersons, a PRS, and then got to run them into a SLO100, a few different Bogners, the Axe-FX, a rack-mount Rectifier, and a Mark III (i think?) Coliseum head. We had a hell of a time, for sure!
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Is it normal that it has that much fretbuzz ? I get fret buzz uniformely across the fretboard, but much lighter. Thing is i also have a lighter touch, so i like my action to be really low. I've never had that much though. sick guitar and sounds great

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                          Is it normal that it has that much fretbuzz ? I get fret buzz uniformely across the fretboard, but much lighter. Thing is i also have a lighter touch, so i like my action to be really low. I've never had that much though. sick guitar and sounds great
                          The buzz you're hearing isn't from the frets; it's somewhat an EQ thing with the piezo (i had the volume cranked, so it's a little distorted) and partially my poor fretting position. I've got more video that I'll wind up posting soon.

Sully
                          Last edited by sully; 03-24-2010, 06:39 PM.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                          X