5150 Parts Mutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 Parts Mutt

I've been meaning to help my good friend and guitarist by building him a 5150 replica. I actually started getting all the parts at the end of 2008. Well, due to weather, being busy and a lot of procrastination, I finally finished the guitar. Here are the specs:

Alder 5150 style body
    Warmoth KWS headstock neck, maple board, wizard profile, stainless steel frets
    Floyd Rose trem
    Wolfgang Bridge pickup
    Original Kramer neckplate
    Lots of parts and paint

The guitar actually plays and sounds great. I really like the wizard profile, but it feels much more like a Jem. The stainless steel frets are very smooth and the pickup screams. I'm gonna give the guitar to my friend next weekend, but I get to play and do final tweaks until then.

Here are some pictures:

Looks cool. Great job!
    SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
    Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Turned out great..

Comment

He`s a very lucky guy... you must be a great friend to let it go and not keep it for yourself!!! :idea:

Looks killer!
        www.vendetta-theband.com
        www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Looks great!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

well done!

Comment

that is bad ass!!!!!!!!!! nice damn job!!!!!!

you know Eddie invented red and white paint right?
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

that is super nice. fantastic paint job. I've done some garage refins and that looks like a F-load of work and time right there. the banana hs always gets me with all that wood, so cool.

didn't Eddie's have a chunky neck profile?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Agreed! That is a sh*tload of work. GREAT job. Must be a very good friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X