Dean Vendetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Vendetta

Anyone played one of these ? The body is Mahogany although the guitar was made in Korea

Most I have seen are not mahogony but look like basswood with a photo top.They play OK but not worth more than $50.00.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just got a Korean Dean today, a Black Gold Z Explorer. Plays great, though it's had a nut and bridge replacement.
      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Most I have seen are not mahogony but look like basswood with a photo top.They play OK but not worth more than $50.00.
        They make the Vendetta in several different series. The cheap ones are paulownia wood and are in the $100 range, but they go up into more expensive versions that are made with mahogany.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
          They make the Vendetta in several different series. The cheap ones are paulownia wood and are in the $100 range, but they go up into more expensive versions that are made with mahogany.
          OK thanks I'm sure you're right.Nice players I will say that.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have an early 4.0, made in '04. Anything specific you want to know?

It's mahogany (which I presume is actually nato) with a thick maple cap that has a photo top or veneer (the top has "clear" binding and you can see it doesn't have the fancy quilt on the top itself). Have to say, it's a great guitar for the price. It has a lovely rosewood board, excellent upper fret access, lovely fast shallow C-shaped neck, sounds resonant unplugged and is well put together. The pickups are a little so-so, but it still gets a fair amount of play. Well, it did until I tuned it to D minor to learn how to play Ghost of Perdition....

Comment

I had one. It was just short of their most expensive Vendettas at the time. Only a FR version cost more than mine, if I remember correctly. I was a decent guitar but not great.

It had eastern Mahogany wings (aka "mystery wood"). Maple neck-through. TOM Bridge but no tailpiece. 24 Medium or Medium Jumbo frets. Mine had the "Evil eye" fret board inlays.

What I liked - Neck profile was awesome. FB inlays looked really cool. Stayed in tunewell for a sub $400 axe. nice gloss black finish on body and neck. Also one of the very few Dean body and neck styles I can stomach. Especially do not care for the massive V head stocks so the Vendetta was appealing to me. I really liked the overall look and feel.

What I didn't like - Small frets. Mystery wood wings / maple neck-through tone on mine was just MEH at best. Due to mounting both pups in maple, changing them made little difference to the overall tone. I tried more than a half dozen different pairs in it before trading it off.

For a backup or a home beater it would probably be OK. Otherwise, not a keeper, IMO. Mine is long gone and I don't miss it a bit.
              In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Working...
              X