Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvels will always be my favorite, but lately....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvels will always be my favorite, but lately....

I have been totally digging strats. Vintage trems and all. Rosewood or maple either or...doesn't matter. favorite colors:

Sherwood Green with white PG and P/U's

Shoreline Gold with white PG and P/U's

Midnight Wine with white PG and P/U's

Tobacco Burst with Black PG and Black P/U's

Was just throwing those out there in case some of you are completely sick of your strats of these colors and want to gift them away
    Last edited by bombtek; 05-18-2010, 04:50 PM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I love the Midnight wine with maple neck and white pearloid PG. My MIM is black but has everything else I want. I may look at swapping the body with a wine one day. Or buy another one in MW. Doesn't get much play but I just love having it around to break out and play Cocaine!! And personally, I like the 2006+ MIM maple necks better than the USA's for the same specs and lighter satin finish..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

You and Grandturk should hang out.

Me? "Real" Strats (with three single coil pickups) just take up closet space. I have three of them and I don't know why. I need to do some surgery to one and fit in a Super Distortion and a PAF.

Comment

Like this???

Charvel CST 060 1992
        Charvel CST 070 1992
        Charvel CDS 090 1993
        Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
        Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
        Duesenberg 49er 2012
        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
        Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
        History TH-LS Limited 2009
        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

I`m a Charvel guy through and through.. but at the moment I`m really into relic HSS Strats.. not really what you would call pure vintage ... but there`s something about a hot rodded strat with all the dings, scratches and shoddy humbucker routing work.

I was watching the Holy Diver live DVD last night in honour of the mighty Dio (RIP) and I fell in love with Doug Aldrige`s Custom Shop HSS Strat.. the black one with the 70`s headstock.

As for true single coil traditional Stratocasters.. they arent really my thing but everyone has owned one at some point in their guitar buying life... even me! (it lives in the closet):ROTF:

Pete.
          www.vendetta-theband.com
          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            You and Grandturk should hang out.
            Not with that color selection.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Not with that color selection.
              Bah!!!! You got something better? Bring it

The only strat that I have right now is a Squier Shoreline Gold white PG and P/U's.
              Yep its a cheaply made, cheaply bought guitar. But, its a guitar that I totally dig. I have no problem at all getting the tones I want from it, single coils and all. I have absolutely zero qualms about plugging into a heavy pedal to achieve a heavier tone if I need it. Hell I LOVE pedals .

Thing I love about Squiers....they look good, sound decent with stock hardware, and can be fuckin GREAT players if you spend some time on them and make them great players. All for really, really cheap money.

Nope I've never seen one that was absolutely frikken KILLER right off the shelf, but the few that I've had, including this one that I have now, after putting in some work to it (fret ends...saddle adjustments..yada yada yada), they've turned into KILLER players.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
                Like this???

That's nice, but I don't really care for the trans finish. The solid color Midnight Wine is fucking awesome.

Like this one:

Yep its a Squier...yep its an AFFINITY Squier...do I care...Hell no..I like the way it looks, and I'm sure that it can be made to be played awesome.

That color with that neck and hardware kicks ASS!

Comment

That Highway One is on ebay now, when it sells I get a new Jackson...
                  Charvel CST 060 1992
                  Charvel CST 070 1992
                  Charvel CDS 090 1993
                  Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                  Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                  Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                  Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                  Duesenberg 49er 2012
                  Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                  Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                  History TH-LS Limited 2009
                  History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

I have a Tobacco Burst ash one... White PG though.

And guess what?

You can't have it!

Ha!
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

I would like an Olympic White Strat. Thing is, I wouldn't play it, because I hate how they play... 9.5" straight radius = blech. :dunno:

Comment

I've grown fond of my Squier's neck. It is a lot slower feeling than my Charvel's, but I don't play it any slower. It is a really beefy neck that's taught me to play as much with less hand movement up and down the neck. Definitely not a "flash" player, which is a good thing because if I got foolish enough to try and be all flashy with it, I'd either make a mess of whatever I was playing, or I'd injure myself .

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                          Bah!!!! You got something better? Bring it
                          Ahem:

-------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Ahehehe..HEM!!

White with black PG = BORING
                            Black with white PG = BORING

Ohhh wait a sec...hold on...

White with Tortise shell PG ....meh

Just bustin your chops man....nice guitars!

Still dig my color selection more though, but I can't really say too much...yours are in hand...mine are in my head

Comment

I love the sound of my '01 USA Double Fat hardtail (teal green metallic), just don't care for the 9.5" radius. It's got a pearloid pickguard and parchment knobs and pickups (off-white).
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X