B.C. Rich guitars on Full House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. Rich guitars on Full House?

So one of my kids has started to watch re-runs of this old show, I forget which channel. Nickelodeon, maybe. Never watched it before myself, but now I'm being bombarded with it. LOL

Anyway, one of the characters - Jesse, I think (John Stamos?) - is an aspiring musician. In several of the episodes, he can be seen playing - or has in the background - some pretty cool 80-ish axes, mostly B.C. Riches from then.

Has anyone seen this, or know what the deal was?

yeah, i remember seeing that when i was younger. i believe stamos had a deal with them.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

If I ever have kids, I would never let them watch full house, I rather have them turn satanic and puke al over me
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

John Stamos is a metal maniac!

-------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I've never seen a B.C. Rich acoustic before, @ 3:02 & 4:38.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There's Jackson @ 2:20, it looks like a red lightning bolt?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
            I've never seen a B.C. Rich acoustic before, @ 3:02 & 4:38.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA5rg...eature=related
            Holy shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWgU...eature=related
            Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWgU...eature=related
              It's a bass obviously but the graphic looks like a distant cockdragon relative. Or dragon of some type...
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Holy shit, I want one of those BC Rich acoustics.
                I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Yeah, there's some cool guitars all over the episodes. Some that I've seen so far...

- The above-mentioned BC acoustics
                  - Red BC Rich Gunslinger with maple neck and black headstock
                  - What looked to be a red Jackson strat (not sure, though, as it was just a background prop)
                  - Black Gunslinger w/ maple neck
                  - Black pickguarded Performance strat
                  - Various Gibbys and Fenders

I find myself now paying attention to the show, just for the sake of spotting cool guitars from my youth. LOL

Comment

he was an endorsee. BCR acoustics do exist, in the 70's, very early 80s most were USA made, after most were inports. IIRC he had a few BCR semi hollow 335 types & a byrdland as well, known as a Conti model. CC Deville also had a Conti, very rare as are all semihollow & hollow body BCR electrics.

Comment

BCR Acoustic

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                      he was an endorsee. BCR acoustics do exist, in the 70's, very early 80s most were USA made, after most were inports. IIRC he had a few BCR semi hollow 335 types & a byrdland as well, known as a Conti model. CC Deville also had a Conti, very rare as are all semihollow & hollow body BCR electrics.
                      They certainly exist.

BC Rich STARTED building acoustics in the 1960's, mainly for mariachi musicians in Los Angeles... and only later branched out into electrics in the mid-70's.

Here's my 1974 B-41. Brazilian back & sides, Sitka Spruce top and blacker than black Gaboon ebony board....note the tons of abalone inlay on the top.
                      So easy to play, like an electric almost. VERY warm & 'rich' sounding.

Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 05-20-2010, 11:26 PM.
                      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I think the funnier part is the headstock.

Comment

Yeah, I remember this whole "Jessie and The Rippers" thing. Him playing a BC Rich STILL wasn't cool enough to make me watch that friggin' show though, but my siblings would insist on watching it! Oh, the horror!
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                            I'm not Ron!
                            :ROTF: :ROTF: Just noticed this!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                              They certainly exist.

BC Rich STARTED building acoustics in the 1960's, mainly for mariachi musicians in Los Angeles... and only later branched out into electrics in the mid-70's.

Here's my 1974 B-41. Brazilian back & sides, Sitka Spruce top and blacker than black Gaboon ebony board....note the tons of abalone inlay on the top.
                              So easy to play, like an electric almost. VERY warm & 'rich' sounding.
                              Is that a crack in the top below the bridge or just a finish issue? Looks like a beautiful guitar.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X