Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic HSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    I dig it - but what's up with that double screw pole Duncan?

I liked those heavy floyded Relic strats the Music Zoo had a while back - those were crazy cool looking.
    Yeah.. I`ve never come across a humbucker with double screw poles??
    Maybe they are trying to replicate some crazy mod back in the early 80s.

And yes I saw those Floyd Relics on the Music Zoo Website.. beautiful, but a grand more than I would pay.. I think they were masterbuilt, hence the severe price tag
    www.vendetta-theband.com
    www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Great score!
      I love hotrod Strats. A dealer near me has one similar in 'flake red with rosewood.
      It's drop-dead gorgeous, but at over 2 grand, it's a bit expensive for me!

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
        And yes I saw those Floyd Relics on the Music Zoo Website.. beautiful, but a grand more than I would pay.. I think they were masterbuilt, hence the severe price tag
        I think you're right.

Enjoy you're new strat - very cool!
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I'm on the fence a bit when it comes to relics, but damn that thing looks nice. A good Strat with a bridge 'bucker is all you need! Enjoy!

Comment

Pretty nice relic job really.They are getting better at doing that.
            RSguitarworks still does the most realistic relic jobs hands down.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
              Btw - I accidently dropped it last night so one small dent is actually mine
              Great, now you ruined it and it's no longer factory original! :ROTF:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

did they give you a discount for how bad of condition it's in?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Nice guitar, congratulations.

I've actually seen a relic in a store marked down because of cosmetic damage that happened in the store.

Comment

That is a Custom Shop HBS-1 Strat...I have one in 3TSB...Favorite Guitar ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                      Nice guitar, congratulations.

I've actually seen a relic in a store marked down because of cosmetic damage that happened in the store.
                      Didn't look fake enough? :think:

Ha ha, seriously, that is a sweet Strat man. I'm not crazy about relics but I like worn-in Strats and that one is fairly convincing at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ripley156 View Post
                        That is a Custom Shop HBS-1 Strat...I have one in 3TSB...Favorite Guitar ever!
                        Yeah... forgot to mention it was a Custom Shop HBS-1, I`d love to see a few pics of the 3 Tone Sunburst if you have any.

Btw- tested the guitar out last night at band rehearsal... F##ckin incredible!! the thing just sounds alive.. I`m so happy!
                        www.vendetta-theband.com
                        www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Great, now you ruined it and it's no longer factory original! :ROTF:
                          Next thing is to have the obligitary rock & roll cigarette burn on the corner of the headstock

It wont be Factory Original by the time Ive done a few gigs thats for sure!
                          www.vendetta-theband.com
                          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

I will try to get a better picture as these aren't the greatest...But seriously, it is an awesome guitar!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              Didn't look fake enough? :think:

Ha ha, seriously, that is a sweet Strat man. I'm not crazy about relics but I like worn-in Strats and that one is fairly convincing at least.

I don't think the GC guys were up on the relic concept.

Comment

I believe that's actually a regular spaced humbucker instead of trem spaced. The high E string appears to be almost completely outside of the pole piece. I'm dealing with that same issue with my ESP GL-56 (George Lynch aged Strat). George spec'd it with a standard spaced humbucker. The high E is noticeably lower in volume when playing clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X