No announcement yet.

FAV Style LearnGuitar - Custom Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider selling it for a grand. Na. I would fix the poor grammar before I gave it away or simply keep it. It certainly isn't worse than half of the grammar I have seen here.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Ho there people, my german is pretty rusty so I'm not 100% sure, could just as wel be "Das" (any German member care to comment?)

Above all else it's one fine looking axe and one hell of a paintjob
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Mike, don't listen to these ball busters. I have it on good authority (a German minister I know) that "das" is correct in this instance.

When the noun ends in an "er" is is considered masculine and is applied to nouns that are professions or nationalities.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          Ho there people, my german is pretty rusty so I'm not 100% sure, could just as wel be "Das" (any German member care to comment?)

Above all else it's one fine looking axe and one hell of a paintjob
          Price just went up.

Comment

Ron.... Pwned..... LOL

Last edited by Learn Guitars; 07-17-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I didn't think it was incorrect as I was the one who posted the translation. $1900 is a helluva price with or without bad grammar for that piece of art! I was just busting your balls Mike. I honestly can't believe someone here hasn't jumped at that.

Comment

Oh hell bro, I know. Just bustin a little back. Honestly, it plays so nice, I wont be bummed if it doesn't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                  It certainly isn't worse than half of the grammar I have seen here.
                  Har! Good point!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                    Mike, don't listen to these ball busters. I have it on good authority (a German minister I know) that "das" is correct in this instance.

When the noun ends in an "er" is is considered masculine and is applied to nouns that are professions or nationalities.
                    And masculine would be "Der" neuter would be "Das"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Wouldn't it be "Der" if referring to the pilot and "Das" if referring to the plane? It's been a long time since 8th grade German!
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Unsure, seems planes are feminine as are boats, yet an Airbus is referred to as "Der" (turns out a bus is masculine)
                        but a hunter is considered masculine, how about fighterplanes?
                        also, is it the name or designation of the object (as I often refer to my bike as a 'person')

Those Germans made a big mess of it
                        Last edited by Nightbat; 07-18-2010, 05:59 PM.

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                        X