Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Custom ProSeries S6

Hi gang,

Here`s my latest purchase which I ordered around Feb.

It`s a Suhr Pro Series S6 but with a few additions.. ( A pearl pickguard, jumbo stainless steel frets, and a quilt top as opposed to the standard flame.

The top pic was sent to me by the manager of Guitar Guitar on his iphone when it arrived in the shop.. when I opened the mail, I nearly fell off my seat! .. the top on that thing is unbelievable Couldnt believe my luck!

Also incuded in the pics is my Namm Modern from last year and the Fender Custom Shop HBS 1 which I posted pics out last month. (erm.. I`ve been on a buying frenzy this year)

Enjoy!

Pete.

Last edited by JediHalen; 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM.
    www.vendetta-theband.com
    www.atomhawk.com

Very nice.
    I just received my first guitar with stainless steel frets and now that I have played it a while, there is no going back!

I'd love to see a shootout between a comparable Suhr, Tom Anderson, and Zion.
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
      I just received my first guitar with stainless steel frets and now that I have played it a while, there is no going back!
      I thought most frets were stainless. What's the difference in feel, tone or playability?

Comment

Looks great - Suhr certainly knows where to source amazing quilts, and how to finish them!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Did you post a thread on the black one? I don't recall seeing that before!

Is that a paint finish or some kind of crazy wood?
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
            I thought most frets were stainless. What's the difference in feel, tone or playability?
            I haven't had it long enough to tell any difference in tone yet, but feel and playability are night and day to me.
            The steel compared to the nickel frets are much easier to bend.
            Just less friction resistance is the best description I guess.
            Mine are jumbo, so that always helps too.

I think most frets are a combination of silver and nickel, so the advantages for steel are non-staining (no cleaning between string changes) and they ware little, if at all, so wave goodbye to fretware.
            Check them out!
            Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
            Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

The only negative with stainless frets is because they are harder than the strings, the string will wear a little faster than on normal frets. Thats more than offset by the fact the frets last a lot longer though.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Did you post a thread on the black one? I don't recall seeing that before!

Is that a paint finish or some kind of crazy wood?
                It's actually a 2009 Namm Suhr Modern Black Sparkle Drip ... and it's a jaw dropping guitar, I got some great pics of it, so I'll update this thread later on today

I would also recommend stainless steel frets, as you will never need a refret.. most guitar players need an instrument refretting once or twice in a lifetime.. but these frets will probably outlive me ..!
                www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                  It's actually a 2009 Namm Suhr Modern Black Sparkle Drip ... and it's a jaw dropping guitar, I got some great pics of it, so I'll update this thread later on today

I would also recommend stainless steel frets, as you will never need a refret.. most guitar players need an instrument refretting once or twice in a lifetime.. but these frets will probably outlive me ..!
                  Great looking guitars. I haven't seen a finish like the one on the Suhr. All of these finish options make buying new guitars too tempting. I'll have to check out stainless steel frets.

Comment

As promised .. some cool pics of the Suhr Namm Sparkle Drip

And here`s the spec sheet on a wood plaque .. made from the same wood as the guitar!

And here`s me sweatiing all over it at a recent gig!

Last edited by JediHalen; 07-17-2010, 04:28 AM.
                    www.vendetta-theband.com
                    www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Does anyone else own a drip finish guitar? would love to see some!
                      Last edited by JediHalen; 07-18-2010, 03:48 AM.
                      www.vendetta-theband.com
                      www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Kick ass guitars. Anyone told u you look kinda like glenn tipton?
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

That finish is cool, it almost looks like fossilized burnt wood.

Whether this means anything to anyone, from what I read in a guitar mag EVH fell in love with SS frets when he got a prototype of his new EVH models from the custom shop guys.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                            Kick ass guitars. Anyone told u you look kinda like glenn tipton?
                            Sfunny that every time we get a cd or gig review, they mention the comparisons to KK and Glen ... people have said I bear a small resemblance
                            Must be a British thing!
                            Although Ed my other guitarist looks sod all like KK :ROTF:
                            www.vendetta-theband.com
                            www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                            X