Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squire Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster + Bigsby = awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squire Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster + Bigsby = awesome!

These Classic Vibes are the real deal. I've got some rather expensive guitars, but my Classic Vibe Tele holds its own. I am blown away at the craftsmenshilp for a guitar made in China. Fit and finish is excellent. Fretwork is nice. Also, has clean wiring and they used Alpha pots. Alpha aren't as good as CTS, but they are working fine and at least they didn't use some generic brand. Overall, the guitar looks, sounds, and plays very nice!

All good, but I needed a tremolo. So I notched the factory bridge plate and installed a Bigsby B5. Here are some pics:

I like the CV's-I need to try some more out.

The Bigsby is just insane.
    You just doubled the value of the guitar!

Comment

When you dig around some, it's surprising how inexpensively Bigsby B5s can be bought.

As far as the value of the guitar, it would indeed be interesting to put a Bigsby-modded Classic Vibe on Ebay and see what it would bring. It's a non-factory mod, but might fetch more money from Bigsby/Tele fans. One advantage is that the notched bridge is the most "right" way to do this in my opinion. I don't like how Fender puts on a totally different bridgeplate, bridge, etc. on their Bigsby equipped Teles. Their method messes with the classic design too much.

Comment

Nice! Loved all the Classic Vibe 50's I've played. One day hopefully I'll find "room for one more guitar."

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          I don't like how Fender puts on a totally different bridgeplate, bridge, etc. on their Bigsby equipped Teles. Their method messes with the classic design too much.
          Could you explain this a little further, or even include pics please?

Comment

I've heard lots of good things about the CVs. Amazing how good a guitar you can get for your money these days, compared to when I started out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
              I've heard lots of good things about the CVs. Amazing how good a guitar you can get for your money these days, compared to when I started out.
              Without a doubt!
              Same is true with amps.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                Could you explain this a little further, or even include pics please?
                Here's a link that shows what a factory Telecaster with a Bigsby looks like:

Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ? guaranteed low price, ? free shipping, ? 0% financing, ? 8% back in rewards.

This video shows how to add a Bigsby to a Telecaster the "Fender way".

This video demonstrates the installation of a Bigsby B5 Vibrato on to a Fender Telecaster.Bigsby afficionado, Adam Seutter, walks the viewer step by step thr...

That method completely removes the original bridge plate and saddles and replaces it with an entirely different setup.

The method I used keeps the original bridge plate and 3 saddle bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  Here's a link that shows what a factory Telecaster with a Bigsby looks like:

Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ? guaranteed low price, ? free shipping, ? 0% financing, ? 8% back in rewards.

This video shows how to add a Bigsby to a Telecaster the "Fender way".

This video demonstrates the installation of a Bigsby B5 Vibrato on to a Fender Telecaster.Bigsby afficionado, Adam Seutter, walks the viewer step by step thr...

That method completely removes the original bridge plate and saddles and replaces it with an entirely different setup.

The method I used keeps the original bridge plate and 3 saddle bridge.

OHHH I see it.

Your way looks a LOT better, IMO.

As well, the bigsby on that factory Tele is fucking huge, it goes to the edge of the body :|

Comment

I recently played one of these and plan on adding one to my collection in the near future! Fantastic bang for the buck! I thought the neck felt as good or better than some american made teles and strats. They did real nice finishing work on the neck and frets with these guitars. Plus I love the brass saddles. They give that extra spank and twang.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                      OHHH I see it.

Your way looks a LOT better, IMO.

As well, the bigsby on that factory Tele is fucking huge, it goes to the edge of the body :|
                      Thanks and I totally agree. I researched all of the Bigsby options and I like the look of a Bigsby logo B5 the best. Not only does it look more compact/clean, but there is also some range of placement as far as whether you go more towards the bridge or more towards the end of the body. You might get a slightly different feel with different placement because the break angle would be different depending on where you place the Bigsby. With that said, the range is small enough I doubt it would make much difference. I opted to center the Bigsby right in the middle for visual reasons. It works and plays great!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                        I recently played one of these and plan on adding one to my collection in the near future! Fantastic bang for the buck! I thought the neck felt as good or better than some american made teles and strats. They did real nice finishing work on the neck and frets with these guitars. Plus I love the brass saddles. They give that extra spank and twang.
                        I am actually blown away at the quality of the instrument. I don't know if they are all the same, but the overall fit and finish on mine is on par with other mid to high end guitars I own.

The saddles are really nice on these. They are slightly slotted which lets the string seat better. And I know I keep blabbing about the Bigsby.....but it's like those saddles were ready made for a Bigsby.

Comment

Working...
                        X